had a local ad in the local paper for buds..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
guys i got bad new's i dont think im going to sell the dish's i just dont want to keep up with everyone's money and i dont have time with tax's already started i own my own business doing income tax's with is a headache. but the good thing is. u make enough money to live all the rest of the year after april lol...after april if anyone really wants one. ill do my best to get them to you. but right now isnt the time i hope no one has ne hard feelings towards me. but im sorry

No Problem. :)

Fred and I are DYING to know how big a box the ten footers are in so we know what kind of truck we would have needed...so....maybe could you measure a box for us? :):D:cool:

Depending on where everybody is, I figure somewhere in North Mississippi would be a good, central spot. Most of us are in Arkansas,Louisiana, Missouri....Maybe meet in Memphis, TN?
Hey! I'm in Hernando, MS.
20 miles south of Memphis... how about that for a coincidence?
And I'm in no hurry myself... I'm still working on getting the 2 I have in working order...

Ad in local paper

guy calls me up say he's got over 20 uniden and sami dish's never been put together and has a few feedhorns.he use to be a installer he will sell me for 100$ i think thats a pretty good deal my self... what do u guys think:)
Hi Chefwan,
You say you had a local ad in the local paper for buds. What did you say in the ad? How did it work for you? If you got one call from the ad and you got an offer to take 20 dishes for $100.00 then getting 21 seems to have worked for you. :D I would like to find a 12' dish in good shape or a birdview. I did find a 12' footer (images on Adventures in dish hunting and what we find- post#253) but suspect it isn't in good shape. He also wants $200.00 for it.:(

Ad in local paper

guy calls me up say he's got over 20 uniden and sami dish's never been put together and has a few feedhorns.he use to be a installer he will sell me for 100$ i think thats a pretty good deal my self... what do u guys think:)

Hi Chefwan, I went to a local small dish owners store not far from me to inquire about if he knew of any Big Dishes not being use, and if he knew of any 12' Birdview or 12' Perfect 10's not being used. He didn't know of any. Turns out that this guy likes the Big Dishes too, and thinks there coming back. He told me that he would keep an eye out for any and let me know. He also told me that it would be a good idea for me to place an ad in the paper asking people if they wanted to get rid of there satellite dishes.

That reminded me of this thread. What did you say in the ad to get such a good response. :D

Thanks
Tom

i just put in a ad , wanted: Big C-Band Dish's Will Take Down , If You'll Let Them Go For Free and my Cell # . and i got a few calls, the guy thinks there coming back ? meaning what? people will start buying them again? i dont think that will ever happen. most people are sucker'd in to those small piece's of sh*t. dish and direct. i wish they would come back tho. and charlie from dish would fold up. but im sure that wont ever happen either. bad as i hate to say it i doubt they will ever have the count as DISH , Direct. its sad but true:(

Maybe upwards trend in popularity is what this gentleman was implying.
To say it makes a comeback would not necessarily mean it has to pass up dish or direct as in subscriber numbers. Whats cool is that it still continues to be a noticed method of receiving subscription services or FTA. If the big dish can hold on to its advantages, even against todays top technology and user friendly dishes, then thats saying something. FTA continues to get popular, and when you touch that subject, you get introduced further, like, "hey you can almost double your channels by adding cband ability". People are still buying new dishes. The continued new channel additions on 4dtv also signal we aren't doing too terribly bad. Especially since, short of these forums (which themselves have minimal advertising and cband section is holed up in a subsection), cband has like zero advertising or marketing effort.

i just wanted to edit to add: Im not trying to sound overly eager or like wishful thinking, i'd never imply cband would be mainstream. But its my goal to see it stay around, maybe even see it expand (mainly in master feed programming as well as subscribers/viewers).

Last edited:
I don't particularly love the picture quality of DirecTV/DISH either but they're popular because the marketplace has changed. People just aren't willing to erect a 10ft satellite dish in their backyard. And the thought of not being able to channel surf quickly :yikes the horror! Heck, most people don't want to fool with having DirecTV/DISH installed...they just want to run a cable into the back of their TV. And I love the people that buy $3000 HDTVs and get analog cable! What's the point? People want their entertainment fast and easy, regardless of picture quality. I personally love FTA and think it's an awesome hobby. I don't think the BUD will come back to the status it once was. People just aren't interested. I do think it's picked up slightly in the past few years thanks to us!

Small Dish owner & Wanted

i just put in a ad , wanted: Big C-Band Dish's Will Take Down , If You'll Let Them Go For Free and my Cell # . and i got a few calls, the guy thinks there coming back ? meaning what? people will start buying them again? i dont think that will ever happen. most people are sucker'd in to those small piece's of sh*t. dish and direct. i wish they would come back tho. and charlie from dish would fold up. but im sure that wont ever happen either. bad as i hate to say it i doubt they will ever have the count as DISH , Direct. its sad but true:(

Well heres what I wrote for a ad. See image below.

As far as that Small Dish owner.... I found a lot of them lying between their teeth. Not this guy, He appears to me like he is just as much into the Big Dishes too. He just had to sell the small ones to keep in business. He was showing me what I could get from Skyvision and that he would help me. He told me that the small dishes still have to have a Big Dish to work. Meaning that the companies like Dish and DirecTV have their feed coming in to a Big Dish. He was very up for the Big Buds. Wish I could find more like him.
Anyway as soon as the weather clears up here I'm putting up my support poles for the dishes I'm getting. Putting up the Unimesh 10' footer first.
Thanks and take care,
Tom:D

Attachments

• satflier.jpg
    satflier.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 119
i got offered a good bit of cash for the dish's i had. i let them go me and the gf was hitting heads on this one. she demanded they left. so i had to sell them guys , alot of stuff going on here. im letting everything go just about , as i hate to but its time to move on. hopefully one day ill be able to get back into it. but as far as now goes i hope no one gets upset with me on here for letting them go but he lived about an hour from me, and seen my add and called and was asking if i had any luck getting them , i told him i had a few of them he said he'd takeum all. i still have a dsr-920 for sale tho. im hoping to sell this soon if anyone would like one thanks so much and im reallly sorry

Just make sure you get a picture of those babies! Did they have the feedarms attached or did you have the dishes all stacked on the trailer?

Sorry to see you go as 4dtv customer :-(
Good luck.

yeah me too. just sometimes u have to things u dont want to. to keep things right :) im sorry guys really i was thinking it'd be just a big hassel from all of u to be trying to come down and get them. but i still have a 4dtv 920 with batt replaced. if anyone wants it let me know , im trying to sell it and get it out of here .

Is all well??!!

i let them go me and the gf was hitting heads on this one. she demanded they left. so i had to sell them guys , alot of stuff going on here. im letting everything go just about , as i hate to but its time to move on. hopefully one day ill be able to get back into it.

yeah me too. just sometimes u have to things u dont want to. to keep things right :) im sorry guys really i was thinking it'd be just a big hassel from all of u to be trying to come down and get them. but i still have a 4dtv 920 with batt replaced. if anyone wants it let me know , im trying to sell it and get it out of here .
Hello Chefwan,
I would like to get the 4dtv 920 from you. This is for making the signal from your satellite dish digital and to work with your HD TV right?

As far asyour other part of the letter and the one before that I'm not sure what to make out of it? You say that Im trying to get out of here." Whats going on? Sounds like you are really low. I know that you have a lot of friends here and if you need someone to talk to give me a holler, ok? To me it sounds like a break up in relationships. Could be wrong but I feel sadness. I hope and pray all gets better for you. :)
Take care,
Tom

trying to pm you tom. says your not receiving pm from memebers. check on that and let me know ill send u a pm about the Receiver. yes it works with my HD TV but you'd need a HDD 200 to receive the HD from Hd programming. i dont have that. all tho i wish i did at one time i had one but sold it. but thank for offering to chat with me. im fine tho its just something that goes on. but if u'd like give me ur email address in a PM and ill send u pictures of the receiver and u can go from there thanks man have a good night

Hello Chefwan,
I would like to get the 4dtv 920 from you. This is for making the signal from your satellite dish digital and to work with your HD TV right?

As far asyour other part of the letter and the one before that I'm not sure what to make out of it? You say that Im trying to get out of here." Whats going on? Sounds like you are really low. I know that you have a lot of friends here and if you need someone to talk to give me a holler, ok? To me it sounds like a break up in relationships. Could be wrong but I feel sadness. I hope and pray all gets better for you. :)
Take care,
Tom

trying to pm you

trying to pm you tom. says your not receiving pm from memebers. check on that and let me know ill send u a pm about the Receiver. yes it works with my HD TV but you'd need a HDD 200 to receive the HD from Hd programming. i dont have that. all tho i wish i did at one time i had one but sold it. but thank for offering to chat with me. im fine tho its just something that goes on. but if u'd like give me ur email address in a PM and ill send u pictures of the receiver and u can go from there thanks man have a good night
Chefwan,
Don't know what to make of the PM? I looked and it set to receive PM's???? Here's my e-mail address:
thomasyoung8@ hotmail.com

Give me a holler, ok?
Tom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts