had a local ad in the local paper for buds..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chefwan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
South Carolina
guy calls me up say he's got over 20 uniden and sami dish's never been put together and has a few feedhorns.he use to be a installer he will sell me for 100$ i think thats a pretty good deal my self... what do u guys think:)

Steven, is that $100 for all 20 or is it for each? Either way $100 for one ain't bad if you are in the market for a new BUD! And if it's all 20, jump on it! I thought you were moving, did that ever happen?

Al

yeah. we was moving...got some cold feet...the guy lied to us about the house so im still in SC for now...yeah its for all 20 dish's and all parts (arms,feedhorns,) and parts.etc...all for 100$ yeah im going to pick it all up tomorrow ,u using the c/ku feedhorn yet?:D

Yes, I've got it on a 10' fiberglass with a GI 920. I had to buy a new actuator, the one that came with the dish wouldn't work. I had an extra one, but it was too small to move it. It would travel downhill, but it would take it back up? So I ordered one from Rick's Satellite. It's a Venture 24" Ball Screw rated at 1500lbs, I think.

Al

did you have to do alot of adjusting to it ? or what. i tried once to get it to get a signal i didnt get ne thing so i never hooked it back up.

No, hardly any adjusting. I just slid the C/Ku assembly into the scaler ring that is on the 10' fiberglass dish and adjusted up and down (closer or furtheraway) for best signal.

Al

guy calls me up say he's got over 20 uniden and sami dish's never been put together and has a few feedhorns.he use to be a installer he will sell me for 100$ i think thats a pretty good deal my self... what do u guys think:)

UPS shippable? Wanna sell one? what size are they? :D

I know some of the sami dishes are UPS shippable.

I am SURE your fellow dish junkies wanna KNOW too. :hungry:

I've got a 7.5ft Sami dish. It was nice and easy to put together.. 20 dishes for $100 total? $5/dish. Take 'em! You could get more than that at the recycle yard..... (Yes I know it is Blasphemy to even speak about taking dishes to the junk yard..) I'd start selling them on ebay for $25 to $50 each plus shipping.

20 dish for 100$ total...when i get them. i've already paid him i just havent got the chance to get them today. no c\ku feeds tho

not bad. u got ne pics of the 10ft fiberglass?
Steven, I went out and took some pictures of the 10' fiberglass I was discussing in another thread (Inno's I think) with the Dual C-Band Feedhorn. I was doing these pics for you and took pics of the wrong dish. I think you wanted to see the C/Ku feedhorn I got from you. I'll try to remember to get pics of it tomorrow? When I went out, I guess I had the other dish or at least the Dual Feedhorns, on my mind. Sorry about that.
The 1st picture shows off the new Venture Actuator
The 2nd picture is of the Dual Feedhorn with the 2 LNB's
The 3rd is a different angle of the Dual Feedhorn
The 4th is a picture of the dish looking from the south (I think it's pointed @ T6)
The 5th is a picture of the Polar Mount from the east
The 6th is a picture of Venture Ball Screw Actuator
The 7th is a picture of the Elevation Adjustment on the Polar Mount
The 8th is a picture of the Declination Adjustment on the Polar Mount and you should be able to tell this mount is an offset mount, meaning it's not centered with the Pivot.
Here are the pics I took a few minutes ago:

Attachments

• MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 236
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 238
  • MVC-020S.JPG
    MVC-020S.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 209
  • MVC-021S.JPG
    MVC-021S.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 277
  • MVC-022S.JPG
    MVC-022S.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 226
  • MVC-023S.JPG
    MVC-023S.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 222
  • MVC-024S.JPG
    MVC-024S.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 200
  • MVC-025S.JPG
    MVC-025S.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 228
20 dish for 100$ total...when i get them. i've already paid him i just havent got the chance to get them today. no c\ku feeds tho
--Hi, Chefwan. I am interested in one or two of those dishes if/when you sell them. When you get the chance, PM me. That is one heck of a find!

ok fill do. i'd be willing to sell a few of them anyway im not going to need 20 dish's only if i had tons of land ! lol..be nice to plant them all and have a Array LOL

--Hi, Chefwan. I am interested in one or two of those dishes if/when you sell them. When you get the chance, PM me. That is one heck of a find!

Me too-if you come up with plenty, I might like a replacement for my 95model SAmi 10' (unless you live in Utah or someplace far haha)

Status
Please reply by conversation.