Halstead Interview

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jlancaster

Original poster
Aug 27, 2006
I have a small business in the Erosion Control Business...yet I feel oddly compelled to install directv too. I have a job interview on friday. I feel I have a good handle on most of the responsibilities of this job. I am wondering if any of you can enlighten me as to:
(1) for what the interviewer is looking.
(2) what does he want to hear(door wide open).
(3) what tools do I need to own myself
(4) what is provided?
Also, I was in a self inflicted accident on july 4th, 10 screws and a plate in the hip(a lot of what the at9 dish will need). Doctor said Do It..cause I feel fine.
(5) what is the pay(roughly speaking)?
(6) how many jobs a day should I expect in north east PA(wilkes-barre)?
Again, this is something that I really want to do even though I have a fairly profitable business elsewhere (requires little of my time).

ps I have watched the videos on http://www.solidsignal.com/satellite...all_videos.asp
DIRECTV Ku/Ka MPEG-4 Compatible Satellite Dish Installation Videos
and http://www.msakal.com/training/

Sorry about the long post but I would like to help new customers and give them good info(what I find here)!!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I just have to ask, what happened July 4th that was self-inflicted?

That doesn't sound too good does it. I had put in a very long day and was on my way home fell asleep and slammed into a tree.

Anyway I hope this isn't one of those things where I bust my ass all day long pay for my own gas travel all around hell's half acre and end up at about $5/hr. after spending hundreds on tools and supplies.

Any thoughts?

Anyway I hope this isn't one of those things where I bust my ass all day long pay for my own gas travel all around hell's half acre and end up at about $5/hr. after spending hundreds on tools and supplies.

Any thoughts?

Sorry, I don't work in the industry, but from what I have read, with alot of companies, you got a pretty good grip on it in your above paragraph.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts