Ham Radio guys on this forum

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
RT if you know Rick Smedberg he is in our 78 repeater club , few years back I put a antenna on the ludington repeater , and wondered if you might be related to Earl Lasarge on us -31 up by Onekama ?
Well, I have never been involved with relation and with both parents gone, I really have no one to ask. Rick's name is familiar but not really known. Earl's last starts with La and mine with Le. Not sure if any relation.
Also have not been "Ham" active in many years. Computers and woodworking took over my spare time.

Thanks Jimmy. I have been an Extra since 1993, back when I had to take 20wpm code and it was not multiple choice. :)
ditto dat. 20 WPM.and not multiple guess.

K1LYU Extra, long expired. Got my KN1LYU ticket in 1958. Tech in 59 (failed code speed for General :rollingeyes) ....Extra in 1960. Last code speed 50 wpm.. Today I'm lucky to copy a clean 2 wpm. :(

Came in handy as a recon :spy..with the DIA assigned to a SOG unit infiltrating Cambodia 1964 through 1967 :shhto target movements on the Sihanouk Trail (Ho Chi Minh) in the Parrot Beak.

73s

Reactions: Titanium and KE4EST
Licensed but not active, K1ION here in West-Central MI. I'm not used to radios talking "back" to me I guess. Small hand-held unit stays charged in our radio studios, I listen during bad weather in case a ham has something I need to know for WION when we have storms that down trees and affect our area. My engineers are hams, for the most part, as well.

Reactions: Titanium and KE4EST
Currently AI6US and soon to be WA6TI. Just a newbie and my wallet is bleeding profusely! :confused: Thanks KE4EST! :everybodydance

Agree on the great deal for the BaoFeng BF-F8HP and Nagoya 16"! The 8 watts sure makes a difference in the mountains and other guys are giving compliments on the sound (before they find out what it is... LOL). Just took delivery of a FT-991 on Wednesday and have a JDT2B 144/440 and a EFHW-8010-HP (HF 80-10) hanging at 60+ feet here at the office. Waiting for audio adapter cables from the UK to tie in the mixer and studio mic. :)

For home have installed a ZS6BKW (GV5R modified design) rigged as an inverted "V" at 50' with a flag pole pulley design hanging on the tower. Everything is ready to go on HF and will try to make KE4EST my first HF contact (if the sun gods cooperate). :glasses

Currently AI6US and soon to be WA6TI. Just a newbie and my wallet is bleeding profusely! :confused: Thanks KE4EST! :everybodydance

Agree on the great deal for the BaoFeng BF-F8HP and Nagoya 16"! The 8 watts sure makes a difference in the mountains and other guys are giving compliments on the sound (before they find out what it is... LOL). Just took delivery of a FT-991 on Wednesday and have a JDT2B 144/440 and a EFHW-8010-HP (HF 80-10) hanging at 60+ feet here at the office. Waiting for audio adapter cables from the UK to tie in the mixer and studio mic. :)

For home have installed a ZS6BKW (GV5R modified design) rigged as an inverted "V" at 50' with a flag pole pulley design hanging on the tower. Everything is ready to go on HF and will try to make KE4EST my first HF contact (if the sun gods cooperate). :glasses
Must admit, i'm licensed, but not active, have some 10 meter 100 watt transistors gold plated for sale where's a good place to sell them, at one time in my life I did CB radio repair work, before I got into satelllite, that test equipment is up for sale too, might as well clean up before I die

So far I'm just getting my feet wet. I have a Yaesu FT-2900R with a Tram roof antenna setup. I got the RT Systems ADMS software and USB cable and have loaded all the 2M repeaters in a 50 mile radius. The program reminds me of using the FTA receiver channel editors and saves tons of time. Eventually this radio will end up in one of the vehicles. When I get to Extra, I'll get a HF unit for in the house. I'm sure amateur radio is like being a satellite hobbyist, there will always be some other radio or piece of equipment on the mind.

Reactions: k.r. and Titanium
Licensed since 1969. Looks like I'm coming up on the "half century wireless association" membership!
Just curious....Have you kept your same call the whole time? I am getting ready to hit my 25 year anniversary and have kept my same one the whole time.

Just curious....Have you kept your same call the whole time? I am getting ready to hit my 25 year anniversary and have kept my same one the whole time.
Yes... Other than being a "WN8" as a Novice and now a "WB8" when I got my General way back when, I have the same call, even though I now live in "5" land.

I guess I have too much time on my hands. :oops:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)