Happy Birthday Linuxman!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Have a good'un Mr. S.......for your present I'm going to give you a whole buncha Birdview installation questions, but I'll probably scatter them out over a month or 3......it's the gift that keeps on giving!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks Guys!

It has been a nice day for me. Been pretty leisurely for me, and my wife and I went out for dinner this afternoon, a real treat around our house. :)

I have been trying to do a full arc C/Ku scan with several things in mind with the list I come up with. I am trying to clean it as I go so that when I am finished I will have a clean list I can send to Qwert for "The List", an all new digital.csv for my BLSA, an export to MyTheatre, and live good transponder ini files for DVBViewer/Transedit. At the rate I am going, it will be another week before I am finished. I get side-tracked real easy. :rolleyes:

I started out on Friday trying to find a different SW radio for my BLSA setup. The Kenwood works, but the noise blanker/squelch is non-existent so I tried every local spot to come up with something better because that was going to be my birthday present. Ended up going to the Rat Shack and bought a new Grundig G5 which worked great, but after I got it home and setup, the display was so stinking small and so dim, I had a difficult time reading the numbers at two feet away.

A mint condition Realistic DX-440 was put up for sale on Ebay this morning, so I wrote the seller who bought it new several years ago, but has rarely ever used it. Comes with all the OEM stuff when he bought it new. I asked him to put a buy it now price on it which he did for $75.00 and I jumped on it.

From all the reviews I have read about that radio over the past couple of weeks I think it will work well for my purposes, so I took the Grundig back this afternoon when my wife and I went out.

So it has been a good birthday and I hope to share many more of them with my friends here at Satelliteguys!

Thanks to all of you!

Happy Birthday!

LInuxman said :
the display was so stinking small

LOL
Can sympathize with ya there!

Hope you had a good time today, and many happy returns.

like my displays same as my women: BIG & easy on the eyes

Glad to hear you're out 'n running around! - :up

Looking forward to many more years of collaboration. :cool:

Oh, I saw Fry's had your 26" LCD on sale again this weekend @ $300
Thought of you instantly.
Almost went and got one, but then sobered up!
Of course, if you can get the family to buy you another for the birthday . . . (hint, wink, nod, nudge...)

Glad to hear you're out 'n running around! - :up

Looking forward to many more years of collaboration. :cool:

Oh, I saw Fry's had your 26" LCD on sale again this weekend @ $300
Thought of you instantly.
Almost went and got one, but then sobered up!
Of course, if you can get the family to buy you another for the birthday . . . (hint, wink, nod, nudge...)

Thanks Anole,

You should have got it. Mine is very nice! I am running it at 1440 X 900 and the letters are still big enough for me to see without strain.

My spending spree is just about over until I get a bunch more stuff to sell, then we will see. :)
LOL
Can sympathize with ya there!

Unfortunately that is one of the side effects of another birthday. It has gotten to the place any more that being able to see it is more important to me than whether it is new or old. As long as it functions well and I can see it easily, that is what is important.

I sometimes prefer the old over the new, especially in radios. The trend always seems to be smaller, and not necessarily better. :eek:

Thanks again Guys for the well wishes!

It was a wonderful day. :)

Family waited on me hand and foot. :D

I even got my favorite chocolate cake with white powdered sugar icing last night!

My wife has been making that cake every year for my birthday since we have been married. Almost 32 years now. :cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts