Happy Canada Day!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Since we have a fair amount of FTA'ers from "the Great White North" ;)

HAPPY CANADA DAY to our Canadian friends :)

Happy Canada Day to all of our friends up north! My family is from the Detroit area, and parents had a vacation home in Ontario. As kids, we got to celebrate Dominion Day, Independence Day, and Bastille Day over a 2-week period...:)

It's been a great day to be outside so far and fireworks tonight. With all the rain we have had in the past weeks its great to have a holiday with good weather.

I'm always ready to party. - :up

I'll come up for yours today, and you can come down for ours on Friday! - :hungry:

happy.thumbnail.gif
canada%20flag.gif
40055757@N00.jpg

Happy Canada Day

yes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_day

Frequently referred to as "Canada's birthday," particularly in the popular press, the occasion marks the joining of the British colonies of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and the Province of Canada into a federation of four provinces (the Province of Canada being divided, in the process, into Ontario and Quebec) on July 1, 1867. However, though Canada is regarded as having become a kingdom in its own right on that date, the British Parliament at first kept limited rights of political control over the new country, which were shed by stages over the years until the last vestiges were ended in 1982, when the Constitution Act patriated the Canadian constitution. Canada Day thus differs from Independence Day celebrations in other countries in that it does not commemorate a clear-cut date of complete independence.

"New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Canada (Ontario and Quebec) are united in a federal state, The Dominion of Canada by the British North America Act (July 1, 1867)"
Map: 1867 - Canadian Confederation for those who'd like to know more. Ya know, in looking at these maps now it's way more interesting than it was in high school geography/history classes. Go figure.
Happy Belated Canada Day from Northwestern Ontario....EH!

"New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Canada (Ontario and Quebec) are united in a federal state, The Dominion of Canada by the British North America Act (July 1, 1867)"
Map: 1867 - Canadian Confederation for those who'd like to know more. Ya know, in looking at these maps now it's way more interesting than it was in high school geography/history classes. Go figure.
Happy Belated Canada Day from Northwestern Ontario....EH!

Hey Inno, where abouts you located in NW Ontario?

sweet. Been to Ft Frances a few times when I had to work in I Falls....went across the border to eat...thats when the CAD $$ was like 60 cents ;)

Got a cabin a 8 min boat ride from Kenora around Rat Portage ..... great country in that area! Boated down to Minnesota once a year ago ..... The old Big Traverse :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)