Hard to believe

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
I know the studios have to make money but I know for a fact that if DVDs were $5 a pop I would have purchased 10 as many disks during my lifetime. So in the long run they would have made much more off me then they have. I think that business model will drive much more volume.

I know the studios have to make money but I know for a fact that if DVDs were $5 a pop I would have purchased 10 as many disks during my lifetime. So in the long run they would have made much more off me then they have. I think that business model will drive much more volume.

Ah, but thats the cost to manufacture, not to sell... But yes, if the HD DVD/BD prices drop to $20 it will expand the market dramatically.

Ah, but thats the cost to manufacture, not to sell... But yes, if the HD DVD/BD prices drop to $20 it will expand the market dramatically.

+1

Let's not forget sales on both formats took off significantly when BOGO free deals came into play. Buying a high def movie for $30 is asking a lot. Buying a high def movie for $10-15 is almost a no brainer. :up

I wonder if recordable media will drop to 5 bucks a disc?

We can dream I suppose. Dual layer DVD's are still $2 a pop. Those just don't want to come down at all. If recordable, 50GB BD discs sold for under $10, I'd probably get a burner. At that price it starts to become a nice storage media.

I think it was Verbatim that announced some new fangled tech that will allow them to produce cheaper recordable media. Guess we just have to wait & see.