VB Weekly: Re: BluRay, if the war is over, why are you fighting so hard?

Hey diogen -- nobody's listening.........

PS3 is $499. The 80 gig will be $599 until the 60gig is sold out then they speculate it dropping price.

I think a lot rides on BD+ security. If they prove it cannot be cracked for long enough, it might sway some studios. If its cracked in the first two months, maybe not so much.

The price argument is kind of funny to me when I think about it. HDDVD loves to taunt price, but the HDa2 lacks features of the more expensive BR AND HDDVD players. It reminds me of the XBox360 vs PS3 argument. If you bought the accessories for the xbox to make it equal with the ps3 standard features, itd cost the same.

You cant compare the HD-A2 to the Sony standalones or ps3. Now check the price of the HD-A20 and see how it compares, pretty darn close.

Now if you want the full experience that the Samsung BD-P1200 gives you with the Reon chip at $799, check out the price of the HD-XA2.

Problem is, people dont research so they go buy an A2 that wont do 1080p. This makes a lot of sense considering itll be common like 720p is now a fear years down the road.

Whoopy do if the A2 is $99 for Christmas, it wont get a buy from me unless they magically make it do 1080p. Problem is, Joe Blow only looks at the price tag.

your logic is incredibly flawed and doesn't take in consideration the needs of most consumers. Most consumers won't need (or don't care) all these features that you are referring to.

I'm one of those "Joe Blows" you refer to that went out and bought the A2.

I bought a 42" LCD HDTV recently and based on my research subscribed to Dish Network and got the A2. I bought the LCD because I needed to replace a broken SD TV, and HD TV is widely available and at reasonable prices. I bought the A2 because I needed an SD DVD player for the new TV (since the old TV had an integrated DVD player).

The A2 has been one of my best purchases on AV equipment. I'm completely satisfied.

Why I didn't go blue? price, unfinished specs, and has had bad experiences with Sony equipment in the past. that tipped the balance for me. I will probably buy a BRay player once the price go down and specs are more mature.

There is enough content on HD DVD and DishHD to satisfy my HD needs at the moment.

Different needs, different people. . . As a consumer I'm glad we have different choices

your logic is incredibly flawed and doesn't take in consideration the needs of most consumers. Most consumers won't need (or don't care) all these features that you are referring to.

Different needs, different people. . . As a consumer I'm glad we have different choices

I disagree that my logic is flawed because people love saying how much cheaper the 360 is than the ps3, but they are comparing apples to oranges, that was my point. Not that everyone needs the ps3 extras. If you are going to compare them, compare them equally. Buy a xbox360 and make it a hddvd player, they equal out. Then you still need to buy a wireless adapter for $80.

My issue with the xbox360 vs ps3 price comparison is its like trying to compare the price of a entry level Honda Accord with a loaded Camry.

I do agree with you that it is good we have a choice as consumers. Choice is GOOD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)