Thanks, this war is over everyone!

No doubt the cheaper HD-DVD player prices dropped the BD prices much faster than they would have on their own. I expect the rapid price drops to stop, but they will slowly go down in price. $200 probably common by the end of year, with $100 players able to be found on sales.

I don't think so. Sony already stated prices would remain at 399. Maybe a dump of old 1.0 players at that price range. Maybe they'll reach $300 at the lowest.

S~

I don't think so. Sony already stated prices would remain at 399. Maybe a dump of old 1.0 players at that price range. Maybe they'll reach $300 at the lowest.

S~

I thought it was "sub $300"($299) at Xmas of 2008. At least I THINK thats what the Sony guy said in the article.

I predict another price drop for HD-DVD players, and probably their movies will have a price drop soon too.
Warner to sell HD-DVD titles that they have left in their inventory by the end of Q1 2008?

They aren't going exclusive until May -- probably to finish the work they have in the pipeline.

If they have a firesale on Media, that's fine by me. I can buy a bunch up and rip 'em to disk :)

Cheers,

Anyways I don't agree with people selling off their stuff like this.
They spent 30$ on a disc and now few weekss later selling them for 15-17$...
Ebay is flooded.
Now, if you kept buying movies for the heck of it to help HD-DVD win the war, well that is a stupid reason, but if people bought the HD-DVD player mainly because they liked the movies, then I would understand that..

Last edited:
Really? How many more listings are there than before the Warner announcement?

People are in panic mode. I'm not being nice to them, either. AVS prices were always out of whack. $20 for a catalog disc I can get for $19 at Amazon?

I'm lowballing everyone with offers of $5-8. Most are calling me a 'tard. However, they will probably be PMing me back on Tuesday asking if the offer's still good.

People are in panic mode. I'm not being nice to them, either. AVS prices were always out of whack. $20 for a catalog disc I can get for $19 at Amazon?

I'm lowballing everyone with offers of $5-8. Most are calling me a 'tard. However, they will probably be PMing me back on Tuesday asking if the offer's still good.

If the HD-DVD faithfull start pulling out before the HD-DVD group can even regroup and speak -- then it really is over. I congraduate you on keeping your HD-DVD player and looking for deals. They will be coming in droves.

hehe, Ive seen a lot of posts from people saying they were selling. Funny stuff. Loyal to the bone!

hehe, Ive seen a lot of posts from people saying they were selling. Funny stuff. Loyal to the bone!

Yeah to many people running away. Like the Titanic was sinking or something. I still love my HD-DVD. doesn't matter they lost. I will still watch my library on it. And it is still a great upscaler.

I have a bunch of HD-DVDs (slightly more than BDs). One thing for sure I will not buy any more unless it is an insane sale (like under $5/title). Eventually my HD-DVD player will break and they will be useless. Besides who wants to tie up another port on the TV/Receiver and have another box in the cabinate.

If Toshiba (or others) come out with a dual format player at a resonable price I would probably buy one. It would need to be BD2.0 and be under $500.

Yeah to many people running away. Like the Titanic was sinking or something. I still love my HD-DVD. doesn't matter they lost. I will still watch my library on it. And it is still a great upscaler.

Agreed. All the movies I own in HDDVD where the exclusives I wanted. I WILL NOT sell my player because its a great upconvertor and I wont dump my movies until I can buy them on BD. The only thing Ill stop is buying the software.

That being said, if Iron Man, Hulk and Hellboy 2 are not on BD, they'll be bought for HDDVD. Plus any HDDVD-only netflix rental will still be coming my way.

The A2 will be my number one choice for SDDVDs until it dies.

If the war is indeed over, I just hope these big companies learned their lesson -- Next time get their heads together and agree on a technology before losing billions of dollars, before confusing consumers, and before prolonging a pointless struggle for essentially the same product. The format war was dumb. :down

Back in 2004 I was enjoying full HD on 40 channels with VOOM and HDTV. I was ready for a high-def DVD standard. We are finally getting it in 2008? :down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)