Thanks, this war is over everyone!

Welcome to higher prices, even slower profile updates (if thats possible), and DRM and region coding up the wazoo

Is your Sonata quite on the road? (road noise wise)

Very. Ride is a little softer than the Camry, but not bad. It came with great Michelin tires also so Im sure that helps with noise.

Im a big toyo fan and looked hard at the Camry, it would have cost me $26k sticker to get what I got in the Hyundai at $20k sticker.

Mines got power everything(no sunroof), power seat, side impact/curtain air bags, traction control, the 10yr powertrain and a 6yr 75 bumper to bumper with rental car.

I opted for the 4cyl due to gas prices, still has plenty of pep with a loaded trunk, me, my wife and the dog. Get 26-28 city, gets 31-32 over a 600 mile trip at 75mph. For what I paid compared to the bigger brands, Im very happy.

Welcome to higher prices, even slower profile updates (if thats possible), and DRM and region coding up the wazoo

Yeah, I agree with this. Sony BMG has been one of the worst offenders for DRM. Can we say rootkits people?

Can't wait to see what they do with apple/PC players now that they don't have to worry about what steps they take.

:D

For those who like to stick their heads in the sand

sony rootkit - Google Search

QUOTE=akodoreign;1176655]Woot, Chick fight!!! I mean blue smurf fight :p[/QUOTE]:haha:haha:haha:haha

How many times has this been said since the war began? Leave it to the 19 year old bank teller to start another one of the ultimate FUD threads. If this war is over then why can I not buy all studio's movies on BD??? :rolleyes:

The point it still there, Toshiba cancels CES, they got beat, they ain't got anything left.

Toshiba will be there, but the fact that HDDVD has canceled everything but the booth now is not very favorable(at least thats what is being currently said).

Toshiba will be there, but the fact that HDDVD has canceled everything but the booth now is not very favorable(at least thats what is being currently said).

8fjxmw8.jpg

What you can't see in that picture is Vurbano in the opposite corner with baloons, party hat, cake and one of those funny things that you blow into.

I woke up from vacation to find this news. Crazy! I'm kind of sad because I think HD DVD is the better value, but I have to go with what's available if I want hi def.

That's the spirit.

Well, I took a chance and bought Blu-Ray last summer. It was either the BD1200 or wait for an expensive dual format. I guess I rolled the dice and won. But for how long? When will Blu-Ray get passed up? What's up with UDTV with 4k x 4k pixel resolution? May the highest rez win. In the long run we are all dead. :eek:

The point it still there, Toshiba cancels CES, they got beat, they ain't got anything left.
IF this is your conclusion because of a CES news conference then you are very naive. I don't see what Toshiba had to announce anyway. They already had superior hardware, complete specs and every model anyone could want. :rolleyes:

IF this is your conclusion because of a CES news conference then you are very naive. I don't see what Toshiba had to announce anyway. They already had superior hardware, complete specs and every model anyone could want. :rolleyes:

Well we shall see what Toshiba has to say in the near future. :D

As I see it, what we have now is the equivalent of BluRay beating HDDVD to get the presidential nomination for the Libertarian Party. Now the big election comes. Can BluRay beat the current incumbent from a major party (you pick the parallel - Democrat or Republican - either one would be a very long shot for a Libertarian upset).

Me, I'll still wait on the sidelines a while before spending more HD money. If BluRay media prices drop, and player prices drop (the importance I place on those drops are in the order I specified), then I might consider buying into this further.

What I found after foraging into HDDVD with the $98 Walmart A2 is that while I enjoy HD movies, I am not so enthralled with them that I'd pay more than a dollar or two over the conventional DVD cost. I only bought two HDDVD movies due to the too-high cost for this media, and have always considered my $98 A2 as a bargain alternate of the $150 Oppo upconvertor I was also considering at the time.

Let's all hope that BluRay prices will drop dramatically so that HD has a chance against DVD. I would certainly welcome that.

As I see it, what we have now is the equivalent of BluRay beating HDDVD to get the presidential nomination for the Libertarian Party. Now the big election comes. Can BluRay beat the current incumbent from a major party (you pick the parallel - Democrat or Republican - either one would be a very long shot for a Libertarian upset).

Me, I'll still wait on the sidelines a while before spending more HD money. If BluRay media prices drop, and player prices drop (the importance I place on those drops are in the order I specified), then I might consider buying into this further.

What I found after foraging into HDDVD with the $98 Walmart A2 is that while I enjoy HD movies, I am not so enthralled with them that I'd pay more than a dollar or two over the conventional DVD cost. I only bought two HDDVD movies due to the too-high cost for this media, and have always considered my $98 A2 as a bargain alternate of the $150 Oppo upconvertor I was also considering at the time.

Let's all hope that BluRay prices will drop dramatically so that HD has a chance against DVD. I would certainly welcome that.

Well in the long run that will happen, in order for BR to win the war vs DVD, the price must drop.
It will once the production cost goes down.

I think we will always pay a premium for any Hi-def video format over SD DVD just like VHS prices always remained lower than DVD. It wasn't until VHS was completely supplanted that we stopped caring how much more we were paying for DVD over VHS. Now with complete saturation, we see bargain bin prices to move overstock on old, poorly selling catalogue titles on DVD.

Yepp, like I said. I paid over $399 for a Sony dvd player over a year after release. We are only hitting about the 1.5 year point for BD and they are under $300, people are worried a little too much about price. The ONLY reason the Toshibas were cheaper was to try and win. If it would have only been HDDVD, they would still be higher.

No doubt the cheaper HD-DVD player prices dropped the BD prices much faster than they would have on their own. I expect the rapid price drops to stop, but they will slowly go down in price. $200 probably common by the end of year, with $100 players able to be found on sales.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts