Hardware Question for Possible Customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fr_jack

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Hi,

I have dish and the picture quality just sucks, not really sure why. I am looking to moving to Direct TV when i upgrade to get HD.

Can anyone help me with the following. i am curently using one dish DVR to feed two rooms, However we have the unit set on single viewer, so both rooms have the same output.

With the HD box can i feed my main tv with HDMI and then using an RF converter feel the output of one of the other connections either s-Vid or component to another room? I did a search on the forum i fount two posts, the first said it will work fine the other said you will have to set all the outputs to 480i to get it to work. i dont want that to be the case as changing the settings back and forth would kind of suck.

Thanks for the help. (if it is possible to do the rf modulator route. can any of you recomend a inexpensive model)

Hi,

I have dish and the picture quality just sucks, not really sure why. I am looking to moving to Direct TV when i upgrade to get HD.

Can anyone help me with the following. i am curently using one dish DVR to feed two rooms, However we have the unit set on single viewer, so both rooms have the same output.

With the HD box can i feed my main tv with HDMI and then using an RF converter feel the output of one of the other connections either s-Vid or component to another room? I did a search on the forum i fount two posts, the first said it will work fine the other said you will have to set all the outputs to 480i to get it to work. i dont want that to be the case as changing the settings back and forth would kind of suck.

Thanks for the help. (if it is possible to do the rf modulator route. can any of you recomend a inexpensive model)

If you have access, you would get the BEST picture by running the line directly to the other room, Component would work well if it's not to hard to get it there, I'm guessing that your using HDMI for the recr to the TV already ?

unfortunatly no no real accsess to the other room other than the coax that is already run

the main point i was asking was are all the inputs live all the time

I can answer that. Yes, all outputs are live at the same time (Read HDMI, component, s-video and A/V). However, both TVs will get the same channel.

I'm running a setup with 2 of our HD TVs in this manner. The distant one is fed by a 35' HDMI cable. I saw another posting where the guy had a 50' component run to his distant TV. And yes, you will probably have to buy a IR remote to access the DVR from the distant unit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts