hardwire joeys

smason8434

Original poster
Sep 12, 2020
california
I have a media closet. I would like to have 3 tvs run from the closet to 3 locations. Can I put the Hopper and 3 joeys in the closet and hardwire them to 3 tvs? I do not want the joeys to be set up wireless.

I have a media closet. I would like to have 3 tvs run from the closet to 3 locations. Can I put the Hopper and 3 joeys in the closet and hardwire them to 3 tvs? I do not want the joeys to be set up wireless.
Theoretically it should work fine. But, you may have to use fiber HDMI cabling if the lengths to the TV are long.

Theoretically it should work fine. But, you may have to use fiber HDMI cabling if the lengths to the TV are long.
Curious. What is the range of the remotes and will there be difficulty hitting the Joey’s from distant rooms?

Here's my experience. When I had my house built in 2002 out in the sticks, I had all the wires hidden behind the walls. The dish cable from outside goes all the way to the basement homerun closet (built underneath the stairs with a door) and connected to Hopper. And 3 wired joeys.(one in the same basement, different room, one in the kitchen, and the third one is in the master bedroom). As I said before, RG6 cables run behind drywalls. Of course, Joeys r connected to tvs via hdmi cables. (No 4K tv or 4K Joey). I was told the signal is switched to hd by Joeys. If you run hdmi cables all the way from closet to different rooms, you might run into problems. The length, hiding the cables behind walls, being able to use remote controls for such distance, etc. I am only making an assumption. There r installers here with enough experience to help more. You might want to read this article, one yr old but may give u some ideas. Good luck.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have a 35' HDMI run from H3 to my primary TV which is 4K and I have no issues, other than having to unplug it and plug it back in again to see any 4K. I believe this has to do with a handshake error between the H3 and my Hisense TV.