Harmonic Encoder Improvements? (Feedback Need it)

It is sunday, March 13 at about 9:30 pm Mt Time. World Sport is playing a program called La Liga. As the players are running or if there is movement across the screen the pixels are very visible. The faces of the players also look like paste.

Lip Sync Issue

:confused: TNTHD looks great, in fact I have a better picture than ever before as well as several other channels that seem to be better before the harmonic encoder improvements. I have a bad lip sync problem on several channels, but none as bad as TNTHD. Too bothersome to even watch.
Thanks,
fireman1000

Best picture ever...

I just finished watching Man on Fire on HBOHD, it was the best picture quality I have seen so far on Voom . It was comparable to OTA broadcast quality. I was truly impressed, only two brief lapses, one momentary blackout followed by 3 second pixelation. Keep tweaking those encoders. :)

Joe

Blown Away

I was blown away by the picture quality last night..I saw some cool James Spader movie on one of VOOM's originals, Revenge with Costner on an original, Wife was watching Boston Legal on OTA-ABC and Gladiator on TNTHD..

The picture was so good that a DVD (Collateral) looked "terrible". LOL

The few channels I watched last night looked pretty good.

As to soccer having some kind of motion artifacts, didn't they have that before the encoder change??

WorldSportsHD HORRIBLE!!!

I watched Soccer on WorldSports this morning and the PQ was simnply HORRIBLE!!! The lawn lacked texture. Lost of artifact/noise most noticeble on the spectator's area. In general the picture looked soft :no

man on fire. i agree PQ was excellent. best i've seen in a while. this morning HBO looked terrible.

why cant we have SD that looks like the SD broadcast over OTA. That is some of the best SD i have ever seen.

Last night Pq was amazing, but this morning and afternoon it took a downard spiral, hopefully its just part of all the tweaking they are doing.

If you guys want to see what HD sports should look like, tune in HDNET if you have it, it will blow you away. This is the PQ that Voom needs to step up to, so if you are reading this, Voom engineers, take a peek at HDNET from Dish and see what they are delivering, crystal clear, rock steady HD at full bitrate.

DarrellP said:
If you guys want to see what HD sports should look like, tune in HDNET if you have it, it will blow you away. This is the PQ that Voom needs to step up to, so if you are reading this, Voom engineers, take a peek at HDNET from Dish and see what they are delivering, crystal clear, rock steady HD at full bitrate.
Sorry I don't know WTF your talking about, what about EuroSports: they don't count: just services that Voom does not carry are the only good providers????????????

kelljc said:
Sorry I don't know WTF your talking about, what about EuroSports: they don't count: just services that Voom does not carry are the only good providers????????????

Im sorry but you are mistaken. Your posts are so off base sometimes its laughable. Darrell was talking about PQ not programming. And to be frank, if you must ask, HDnet does carry more compelling content. That fact is evidenced by its ability to be sold to other providers and Cables attempt to counter it with INHD.

vurbano said:
Im sorry but you are mistaken. Your posts are so off base sometimes its laughable. Darrell was talking about PQ not programming.
No My post are on Base: Echostar and DTV do not carry the Content that Voom now carries,and that is the FACTS. "OTA" and Other, whithout spending more dollars, you can agree with this statment can't you:?OH there it goes again BAD GRAMMER: but the TRUTH:

kelljc said:
No My post are on Base: Echostar and DTV do not carry the Content that Voom now carries,and that is the FACTS. "OTA" and Other, whithout spending more dollars, you can agree with this statment can't you:?OH there it goes again BAD GRAMMER: but the TRUTH:

Darrell was reffering to PQ Sparky.

vurbano said:
Darrell was reffering to PQ Sparky.
What PQ?. give us a break if you don't like VOOM then go back to nothing and pay more for it:,why all of this Cow Pattie type comment's. and My name is " JERRY " not sparky, spanky

DarrellP said:

Darrellp,

Why ESPN on Dish does not look the same? Should you not tell Dish to do that as well with ESPN? We do not need comparison with HDnet here. If you want you can do a separate thread. This thread is to document the problems ONLY. Let's leave everything else out of it. I don't want the engineers to go through hundreds of post that are not necessary.

While watching Equator last night,during the 9pm to 10pm CT time slot (Smart Travels) I noticed that the audio was slightly off sync with lip movement.

It was slightly behind the movement and noticeable.

PQ was great.

Sean Mota said:
Darrellp,

Why ESPN on Dish does not look the same? Should you not tell Dish to do that as well with ESPN? We do not need comparison with HDnet here. If you want you can do a separate thread. This thread is to document the problems ONLY. Let's leave everything else out of it. I don't want the engineers to go through hundreds of post that are not necessary.

Sean is right, HDnet has different cams, more experienced production staff etc. We should use apples to apples. Specific channels on Dish compared to the same channel and program on Voom to be accurate.

vurbano said:
Sean is right, HDnet has different cams, more experienced production staff etc. We should use apples to apples. HDnet comparisons are not really fair although I do wish everything had that quality eventually.
You may be correct: but on my HDTV set's you're in error an so is Sean, Now i'll admit The Sharp is this best I have and I can't tell the difference, maybe those few who have 6000+ set can but the avg person I don't think so., you can agree with this can't you: just one time for the gipper:

kelljc said:
What PQ?. give us a break if you don't like VOOM then go back to nothing and pay more for it:,why all of this Cow Pattie type comment's. and My name is " JERRY " not sparky, spanky

PQ = Picture Quality, get it?

vurbano said:
PQ = Picture Quality, get it?
Yes I get it: are you saying that E or D has better PQ then VOOM, on any given HDTV, I would like to hear this:, waiting for your expert reply::

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts