Back to old encoders?

neo0285

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
It seems by the vastly improved PQ that Voom has gone back to the old encoders to ride the rest of the trip out. I wonder if they were able to return the harmonic ones and get their money back.

neo0285 said:
It seems by the vastly improved PQ that Voom has gone back to the old encoders to ride the rest of the trip out. I wonder if they were able to return the harmonic ones and get their money back.

Do you have proof of this or are you spouting rumors?

Please do not post without proof of things.

Rumors lead to confusion

neo0285 said:

Nope... these are the Harmonic Encoders. Without them you will not have the capacity for the extra 20 SD channels and 1 HD channel that we got at the end. There was work to be done on those Harmonic Encoders after installation was completed. This included among other things software upgrade. The worked was finished this last weekend I was told.

Im sorry, i didnt mean to start rumors, it was more of a question. Anyway thanks for clarifying it Sean, the PQ has been outstanding, it only makes VOOM;s death so much tougher.

Yes it is.

I think we were too hard on the new encoders.

They sure did seem to know what they are/were doing.

Now, if they could just ship me a DVR for 2 weeks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts