Harmony 880 Help

Jamey K

Recovering Voomer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2005
West Texas
I'm trying to open my Logitec software to update some remotes and I keep getting this message:

"Another application is currently communicating with the Harmony. Close the other application and try again."

I uninstalled the software and re-installed it again. I'm still getting the same message.

Any idea what's happening here?

Thanks!

They have had a major software upgrade. Well, I guess its an upgrade. I had not made any changes on my 880 for a long time. Then a few days ago I added a computer to the system, and had to reconfigure. I downloaded the new software, and it is quite different. It took me a while to figure out how to make it do what I needed. It seems like it took me longer to get the hang of new format, but when I did, it wasn't bad.

As far as your problem, did you download the newest software, and are you sure the old software was deleted? In Task Manager, under Applications, what does it show? How about under Processes? I'm not at home right now, so I'm not sure how it would show up under Processes, whether it would be Logitech or Harmony, but you should be able to figure out what processes are running that apply to the Harmony software. Its the sledgehammer way to do it, but you should even be able to shut down whatever is running from Task Manager. It does sound like you have more than one copy/version of the software running. Make sure you don't have one copy installed under C:/ and the other in Programs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)