Status
Not open for further replies.

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
Though I SERIOUSLY doubt I am the first to post a review of this hardware I just wanted to put my two cents in where anyone can see it. I purchased the 688 first and took it back because the buttons were terrible. The I brought home the 659 which I am sure to trade out for the H676 when it is available.

Anyway, the remote is great. I had it programmed for all my equipment in about 30 minutes and everything is working like a champ. Now if you want advanced functions forget it, this remote is to make it so my wife and son can operate the system with ease, not so I can tweak it. The SST (Smart State Technology) actually works. I like the fact that I can update equipment on the Internet and when I change a component (about every 3-6 months) I can change it there and it all will "just work."

If you want simplicity these are for you ... if you want techie, keep looking. Just for reference I currently own and use:

Samsung HCL552W RPTV
Yamaha RX-V620
Hughes HDVR2
Hughes HTL-HD
Denon DVD-1910

659 is a great remote! The only problem with it - it is not very DVR/TiVo-friendly: some needed buttons are missing. But you can use custom buttons for that.
By the way, the 676 is already available!

Status
Not open for further replies.