Harmony Remote 659

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
Though I SERIOUSLY doubt I am the first to post a review of this hardware I just wanted to put my two cents in where anyone can see it. I purchased the 688 first and took it back because the buttons were terrible. The I brought home the 659 which I am sure to trade out for the H676 when it is available.

Anyway, the remote is great. I had it programmed for all my equipment in about 30 minutes and everything is working like a champ. Now if you want advanced functions forget it, this remote is to make it so my wife and son can operate the system with ease, not so I can tweak it. The SST (Smart State Technology) actually works. I like the fact that I can update equipment on the Internet and when I change a component (about every 3-6 months) I can change it there and it all will "just work."

If you want simplicity these are for you ... if you want techie, keep looking. Just for reference I currently own and use:

Samsung HCL552W RPTV
Yamaha RX-V620
Hughes HDVR2
Hughes HTL-HD
Denon DVD-1910

659 is a great remote! The only problem with it - it is not very DVR/TiVo-friendly: some needed buttons are missing. But you can use custom buttons for that.
By the way, the 676 is already available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)