Hartford, CT HD locals uplinked! (although not available yet)

The 3 Hartford HD locals are up!!!

Yippie

since I'm new here to the E* world -- my ViP722 and 612 will just know they are up? Or do I have to power cycle them?

Next question is... whats the picture quality like; and are they stable? When I had DirecTV and locals came on they were poor :) not bitching just curious :)

Yippie

since I'm new here to the E* world -- my ViP722 and 612 will just know they are up? Or do I have to power cycle them?

Next question is... whats the picture quality like; and are they stable? When I had DirecTV and locals came on they were poor :) not bitching just curious :)
No power cycle, they'll just show up. PQ hard to tell as there are no HD programs on those three right now, but the SD looks as good as the OTA to me...

well IMHO the quality is good/great - not as good as DirecTV BUT I'm very very happy with it.

Just wish we got 61 :-( (hey it wouldn't be America if someone didn't bitch right - LOL)

well IMHO the quality is good/great - not as good as DirecTV BUT I'm very very happy with it.

Just wish we got 61 :-( (hey it wouldn't be America if someone didn't bitch right - LOL)

Trust me, you aren't the only one who is upset about not having FOX.

I am home sick today and got to st down and take a look at the HD, and from where I sit, both Channel 3 and Channel 30 look BETTER then OTA.

The colors seem more vivid and seem to pop out better. I am guessing they are getting these feeds drect ia fiber, whch is good as both channel 3 and 30 have subchannels which I feel takes away from the HD PQ.

Channel 8 seems to be just about the same, I am seeing the same compression artifacts on both the OTA and Dish feed.

Yeah with your locals they are always different from state to stat just depends on how the stations have things configured and the hardware their using. Anyway glad you guys got your locals up.. :)

I have local hd on Dish and Direct.

Locals on Dish blow away the pq on my Direct locals.

I also agree with Scott. Channels 3 and 30 look amazing. Channel 8 looks good but there is a slight bit more compression artifacting. However, now that we have the big three channels in HD, doesn't channel 61 (Fox) look just horrible by comparision?

I hope that we don't have to wait months to get channel 61 in HD. Is there anyone at Fox that we can write to? Maybe if we tell them that we would prefer to watch an HD show on another network rather than their horrible compressed SD video that they are providing, they might realize that they are hurting themselves by not comming to an agreement with Dish.

This is not a FOX issue, it is an issue between Fox 61's owner (Tribune) and Dish Network.

Is it definitely a bandwidth issue in Tribune requiring E* to transmit the uncompressed signal? Since other markets have FOX I would assume that the financial issues are worked out... correct? Does this mean it is more on E* than on Tribune, and that it won't be too hard to iron this out? Any other markets have this same situation which have gotten FOX since? How long did it take?

I am home sick today and got to st down and take a look at the HD, and from where I sit, both Channel 3 and Channel 30 look BETTER then OTA.

The colors seem more vivid and seem to pop out better. I am guessing they are getting these feeds drect ia fiber, whch is good as both channel 3 and 30 have subchannels which I feel takes away from the HD PQ.

Channel 8 seems to be just about the same, I am seeing the same compression artifacts on both the OTA and Dish feed.

Actually - I will take back my comments from above

NBC does look more vibrent then it did with DirecTV (maybe a tad too sharp?) and well since I never had ABC it looks a million times better. CBS - actually shows details better then DirecTV as well.

Ironically watching 61 last night looks better then watching the SD feed of 8 on DirecTV... not sure if that makes any seance or not LOL

Scott - hope you feel better and who can we write to?

Wrangler- the issue with Tribune and DISH centers on Tribune's request for DISH to carry their other local in HD as well. In Seattle it was Ch 22 KMYQ that DISH refused to carry along with KCPQ Fox 13 (Directv carries both). Since FOX carries mostly NFC games in the NFL, it made watching Seahawk games tough. They've not yet resolved so I moved on. I emailed KCPQ (go to your local FOX affilliates site for the address) and got good responses. DISH never responded with anything more than a canned response. Search SEATTLE KCPQ or SACRAMENTO on this forum for more details of the LOOONNNGGG sad story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts