Hartford, CT HD locals uplinked! (although not available yet)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm hoping for a press release soon stating Hartford will get lit up this week. If not, I'll still settle for next week. It's been a long wait!:up

Nope not this week.

I gave the confirmed release date on the podcast. (Sorry I can't remember the date off the top of my head or I would tell you here) :)

Thanks for the reply, Scott.

Is there anyway for me to look up that date?

EDIT: I found the podcast forum. I will post the date after I listen to it!

Last edited:
But isn't CW considered a local? Why the restriction to just the other 4?
I would have to guess it comes down to ratings, available bandwidth, and cost. I'm sure they get more bang for the buck by adding the "Big 4" first, then maybe later go back and add some of the smaller ones...

In the podcast Scott said that the Hartford locals would be online May 8th. Let's hope he is right!
Would this also be true for the Lansing, MI locals as well? I noticed they have been uplinked as well, but Lansing is not on the list of upcoming local HD cities on the Dish Network website.

Like I mentioned in a different post, be prepared not to view any Tribune owned local stations in HD on DISH. WTIC Fox 61 in Hartford is owned by Tribune and they will not likely add their HD signal to DISH. Seattle and Sacramento have been dealing with this ever since their locals started in HD (in Seattle it's been a few years). If you don't have your local Tribune owned station in HD, contact them via their website and keep pressure on DISH as well. After all, you're paying for ALL the locals in HD, right?

Like I mentioned in a different post, be prepared not to view any Tribune owned local stations in HD on DISH. WTIC Fox 61 in Hartford is owned by Tribune and they will not likely add their HD signal to DISH. Seattle and Sacramento have been dealing with this ever since their locals started in HD (in Seattle it's been a few years). If you don't have your local Tribune owned station in HD, contact them via their website and keep pressure on DISH as well. After all, you're paying for ALL the locals in HD, right?

you got to be kidding me!!!!

I left DirecTV since they can't play nice with LIN Media; is Tribune the same crap?

with D* you get WFSB (CBS); WVIT (NBC) and WTIC (FOX) plus the CW but no ABC. I thought I'd be cool switching since E* just signed a deal with LIN. I never thought to see if I'd have any other issues - besides not getting any in HD just yet but I hope next week that changes.

I also switched for a better rate and much nicer DVR.

Maybe I should just go back to Cable (they have all locals in HD) but costs more and a really bad DVR. Since I use CableVision an HD TiVO will not work due to switched video issues....

Man never thought watching TV would be so costly nor so GD'ed complicated... :(

Norfolk, VA got their HD locals today (as Scott said). Full steam ahead for May 8!:)

Scott, do you have any more information on FOX 61 other than what was posted here?

Scott -- did you have a chance to gander over to Fox yet?

yes if you had not figured it out I'm a bit impatient to get all 4 locals in HD asap - LOL

just want you to know great job here as always!

I will try taking a walk over to Channel 61 tomorrow and seeing what up. :)

(The company I work for use to own Channel 61)

Eagerly awaiting the results of you visit Scott. Hope you can make it today. We're all excited about May 8th here in CT. Good luck from one Scott to anouther. It's amazing every Scott I meet is a SUPER human being.:D

I'm sure Scott is a busy guy... now there are false reports of new national HD being lit up, and that thread is buzzing!

I'm sure we'll find out what the deal is with FOX 61 soon enough. I hope it is a technical issue, and not contractual.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)