Hartford, CT HD locals uplinked! (although not available yet)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just got some bad news, it appears as though the Hartford Locals will launch today with FOX 61 missing.

While 61 was in testing and uplinked it appears that they could not reach a deal to launch it for customers. When a deal is finished it can be turned on with the flip of switch.

The local station (who I just talked to) had no idea of whats going on, they say its all in the hands of corporate.

More as I have it.

More as I have it.

Just got some bad news, it appears as though the Hartford Locals will launch today with FOX 61 missing.

While 61 was in testing and uplinked it appears that they could not reach a deal to launch it for customers. When a deal is finished it can be turned on with the flip of switch.

The local station (who I just talked to) had no idea of whats going on, they say its all in the hands of corporate.

More as I have it.

More as I have it.

Is this like a "LIN" issue? or just a one off issue? missing out on FOX in HD is going to suck big time :-(

Scott - again thx for keeping us common folk in the know!

You think it will be as painful as FOX usually makes negotiations with Dish? Or is the deal already going through the motions?

It's got nothing to do with Fox. It's a Tribune vs DISH issue. As for a quick resolution, not likely considering the same situation in Seattle and Sacramento. Pressure both Tribune and DISH by emailing them on a regular basis. In fact, the Fox station in Seattle has a special announcement on their site for DISH subs explaining their side of the issue. Not good.
Waiting and hoping won't solve anything. I finally left DISH after 6 years because of this issue. Good luck.

So now D* has all CT stations except WTNH 8 and E* will have all but WTIC 61. Hmmm.... whoever gets that fourth station could have a major impact on current and future subs from BOTH D* and E*. Let's go DISH!!!:)

So now D* has all CT stations except WTNH 8 and E* will have all but WTIC 61. Hmmm.... whoever gets that fourth station could have a major impact on current and future subs from BOTH D* and E*. Let's go DISH!!!:)

you got that right!

BUT before we start running - any word if the others are actually live yet? As it will be my first time seeing Lost in HD :)

but me and my wife will miss:

- Bones
- Idol
- House

in HD -- since we left D* two weeks ago we have missed a lot in HD though - LOL hope that does change today/tomorrow

BUT before we start running - any word if the others are actually live yet?

Expect to hear around 1:30pm in the Uplink Forum. If not, then maybe tonight around 1:30am if they have a second round of uplinks. I'm counting the minutes...keep thinking positive thoughts!:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)