Hartford/New Haven CT HD Locals Now June 2006

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wyatt9696

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
take it for what it's worth. according to d's latest updates, mpeg4 locals not available til at least june 06. i spoke with someone this morning, and it's been changed from 4/06 to 6/06. don't hold your breath folks. :(

Better for me, I dont want them putting that monstrosity of a dish on my house, just so I can get channels that I already do with a $40.00 antenna.

When they force me to lease the new HD equipment (I do have one HD box), Ill just leave em for cable. Cable Co. will pay my early termination fee, so D* will be thrilled to have that money, without regards to the programming $$$ they lose.

-Chris

Flame me at will, but.... I am still not buying any of this stuff CSRs are "talking" that there was ever a set date (this has no reflection on you guys, but THEM). Any of the times I have talked to them and even on escalated calls, about the PHX DMA, it was that "we are working to have them by the end of this summer" but nothing firm. AND PHX is in the next group with the highest (or 2nd) DMA rank. I think you guys are lucky in connecting the CSRs that enjoy talking out of their hindends. If they do have some tiny bit of inside info (which they never do any other time) then it sure hasn't been widely disseminated anywhere else. You guys need to just relax on the entire HD LIL issues and watch your TV. I mean heck, we all want it, but it's not life or death.

OK, commence flames & attacks.

PS. the ATP is not any monstrosity, especially compared to the typical OTA antenna most people will need.

Last edited:
The news is not just from CSR's, in fact I got the news from a lot higher up in the food chain.

I don't believe Phoenix is the next in line, they are not doing it by DMA.

Oh I am not claiming they told ME PHX was next either, I am saying that they have never released any firm dates "just in case" (which is both good and bad) BUT no one waiting on HD LIL should be holding that date as firm, but they should be holding the "by the end of summer 06" as firm; then if there is nothing start the rants. Because all they have said so far is "we plan on beginning in April".

Scott Greczkowski said:
The news is not just from CSR's, in fact I got the news from a lot higher up in the food chain.

I don't believe Phoenix is the next in line, they are not doing it by DMA.

I think Scott heard about the delay a month or so ago.

I have the AT9 and its actually smaller than the Channel Master Gain Master dish. I had that because of trees, snow to gain signal. So I am actually happy with the AT9. In fact with the professional alignment, the signals are the highest I have ever seen for 101, 110 and 119.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)