has anyone ever lost a line off 5 LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

2muchspl

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
hi guys, had my 5 LNB & 700 for about 6 weeks now, we have all 4 lines ran into apartment with 2 going to the 700 and 2 going to a series 2 Tivo. everything was great until last night on the 700 I got a message that tuner 1 had no signal I went into "detective mode" switching BBC, feeds and even feeds with the tivo, this is how i realized that it is not the 700 (as i suspected) but a problem with one of the dumps from the 5 LNB.

Now my dish, I had to do some politicking with my landlord to let me put up and it is INACCESSIBLE, since its on the roof. I switched the feeds around so the tivo is short a line now.

is there any way to get this feed back hot?
can i use a 6X8 zinwell with the 3 feeds to get the feed back?
maybe run the feed to another sat(3LNB W/ switch) on the rear of building and offer a case of beer to my neighbor?
could the 700 have caused this line to go out?
as always any help is appreciated:eek:

dam, I was hoping i can easily fix it without callin D* :(. oh well maybe ill try the running to another dish method 1st.....

Had all my even transponders fail off my 5LNB dish (Old style) after a lightning strike. D* replaced it with a new Slimline Dish.

dam, I was hoping i can easily fix it without callin D* :(. oh well maybe ill try the running to another dish method 1st.....

That will work. Two lines from 5 LNB to HR20; one line from 5 LNB to TiVo, one line from neighbor to TiVo. Hopefully 5LNB doesn’t crap out the rest of the way (assuming that is the problem with the 4th line).

I know thats what Im afraid of shmeff, it was storming a few days before but i got atleast 2 days of heavy usage out of the 700 after the storm, so its 50/50.

I have seen three bad slimline heads in the past two months.

First one had bad first port on the left no signal.

Second lost signal for 119 and wouldn't power down reset.

Third had good signal levels but pixelation of new HD channels, head swap proved it bad.

Matt

yeah I did some more looking at the system from inside the apartment, and the line that went out was one of my original 3 lines, during installation I had them run a 4th line for me with the slimline. that line has seem some "action" in the weather dept. so i think its unlikely that the cable itself went bad.

yeah I did some more looking at the system from inside the apartment, and the line that went out was one of my original 3 lines, during installation I had them run a 4th line for me with the slimline. that line has seem some "action" in the weather dept. so i think its unlikely that the cable itself went bad.

Why can't you call D* to investigate it, you landlord should let them on the roof to work on it. You may have to set it up ahead of time, but I would go that route first.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)