Has anyone noticed the new 722k DVR menu?

It's like any hardware. When first released, you'll see more frequent s/w updates, i.e. bug fixes. As time goes on, the updates become fewer and fewer. One, they'd like to think they've fixed the most critical ones and two, the decision on how much time to devote to an older box starts to go in favor of leaving it alone.

But I doubt very much that the 625 will see this.

-no broadband
-box is approaching EOL
-leaving it off the 625 encourages people to self upgrade at some shared cost
-why drive up your s/w maintenance costs by adding something to an older, lesser product
-why add to phone support costs as people call in, needing help with the "changes" on yet another model
-625 might lack the horsepower or RAM

I think I'm still on 629 too - I've got a 722k and I still have the same stuff the box came with. How do I check to make sure?

"629" ? I have to admit, I don't pay that much attention to what S/W version is on the box as much as in the past but that version doesn't sound familiar. The current version is "L662", I believe.

I think I'm still on 629 too - I've got a 722k and I still have the same stuff the box came with. How do I check to make sure?
You either don't have L629 or you don't have a 722k. The 722k never rec'd that version #. The 722 did though.

What color is your receiver ?

Press "Menu" twice to see details.

My 722k rec'd L665 today. They must have found some issues with L664 that they felt were bad enough to fix before release. The new sections are very nice. They look good and respond quickly.

Couple of comments or suggestions for improvement:

-- The scrolling when viewing "by network", for example when I've selected the History Channel, and am going through the listing feels jerky. Instead of keeping the selected show always at the top, go down one-by-one. When you reach the last one shown on that 'page', scroll/jump, i.e. "Page down".

-- Once I've entered my PIN and I don't back out of DishOnline, don't make me re-enter the PIN every single time I select a show or movie. If I exit out of the DishOnline or DVR section, yeah, you can make me re-key it, but again, only once (please).

-- When viewing by network, when a network is highlighted/selected, show the name somewhere. Above the logo grid, there's plenty of room. Yes, most of the networks are obvious what they are, but 3-4 I have no clue.

For everyone who is wondering when they will get the update, this is only a guess:

It installed on my 722 over a month ago. I believe my machine was targeted because I use the online Sling Guide to program the DVR once a week. DVR is constantly connected to my network via a wireless N Game Adapter.

If you do not program your DVR remotely, Dish may not identify you as a good tester.
I am a heavy sling guide user, current and past dish beta tester, and still do not have the udpate, fwiw.... :rant:

Heh, no Sling here... I have on occasion remotely programmed the DVR but generally don't because the guide info for my locals is broken. And I rec'd the update.

Dish rarely sends updates to specific receivers unless it's truly at the beta stage. And when it is, the version # isn't "L664" or "L341", it's more like "AX4B" or similar. When they're sending out a new update that they plan to release to all receivers (of the same model), they send it in batches based on the receiver ID #.

Couple of comments or suggestions for improvement
Here's another one... Carry the new look throughout the DVR menus. When you first hit "DVR", you get the new, modern look. Hit it again, and you get the old look :( If this look is only for the "DishOnline" portion, then the first DVR screen should still retain the old look, IMO.

Heh, no Sling here... I have on occasion remotely programmed the DVR but generally don't because the guide info for my locals is broken. And I rec'd the update.

Dish rarely sends updates to specific receivers unless it's truly at the beta stage. And when it is, the version # isn't "L664" or "L341", it's more like "AX4B" or similar. When they're sending out a new update that they plan to release to all receivers (of the same model), they send it in batches based on the receiver ID #.

and 'known' location

My 722k rec'd L665 today. They must have found some issues with L664 that they felt were bad enough to fix before release. The new sections are very nice. They look good and respond quickly.
There was no 664 release the previous version was 662 which is what my 722k still is on. So I will most likely get 665 next week.

When is this going to be out for anything other than the 722?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)