Has anyone noticed the new 722k DVR menu?

You either don't have L629 or you don't have a 722k. The 722k never rec'd that version #. The 722 did though.

What color is your receiver ?

Press "Menu" twice to see details.

Eh, it's the 722. Dish has the same product description up on their site for both the 722 and 722k...

Just got back from a visit in Chicago. Got the new update for my 722k. Pretty nice, but I agree with the other poster, should follow through with the "modern" design for all functions.

Ghpr13:)

I got L667 last night on my 722K. Menu seems out of place, since it is the only UI element they changed. I'm not crazy about having to hit DVR twice to get to my recordings.

Out of curiosity, what were you doing beforehand? On the 622, you've always had to hit DVR twice to get to your recordings. I always assumed that the 722 and 722k did the same thing too, just on different hardware, but I guess I must be wrong.

Out of curiosity, what were you doing beforehand? On the 622, you've always had to hit DVR twice to get to your recordings.
I was going to say that too... But, if you recall, many years ago, you could hit DVR and see your recordings. That's how it worked when I had a 522, for a while. Then they changed it to having to be hit twice. Oh the outrage when they did that !!! :D

I got L667 last night on my 722K. Menu seems out of place, since it is the only UI element they changed. I'm not crazy about having to hit DVR twice to get to my recordings.

I've always had to hit dvr twice to get to my recordings. This is nothing new for the 722k. Unless there was some way to change it I didn't know about.

I finally received the update last night. My fiance went to the menu and yelled for me because she thought something was wrong because the menu looks older than the original menu. Which I do agree, it does look dated and doesn't match the rest of the menu's. I was really looking forward to the revamp of the dish online section, but am pretty let down with this update.

Alas still no menu update for the 722... Any word on when the 722's will get this update? I'm eager to take advantage of the new features.

Sam

It will get there

on this website it is saying L667 is the current software but my receiver is still on L662 how do i get it to update?

https://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/softwarelist.asp

It will get there when it gets there. No sooner you have no way to get it till E* sends it to you. I just got it on my over night download. Not sure how I feel about it it's just a a bit different that what we had before. Too bad they don't give all the GUI's from the 922 to the 722k since they are close to the same units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts