Has DISH Lost it ways?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
no hopper 3, but 2 hws….would be great if there weren't constant problems with each being able to see the others recordings, would also be nice for conflicting timers to automatically roll to the other hws like it used too. would also be nice if it wasn't so sluggish

Reactions: pattykay
How would you improve the Hopper 3 (besides adding a red LED on the front) :D
Give us the option of having a DVR list rather than icons
If my $39 Raspberry Pi can do that, surely dish can
Give us back the 4X forward and rewind
I used that feature a lot

And if the red light comes back :deadhorse2 , make it a numeric display showing how many recordings are in progress

The Hopper 3 is a dream. I have been in high tech for 45 years and it's easily one of the slickest products. People gotta complain

Mostly people want the great features of years gone-by returned.
I have 2 @ HWS: I have two, by the way, because we have multiple fire sticks in the house that access the hoppers.

Features I want returned:

- Roll over recordings to the other HWS for conflict resolution.
- better accessibility to the recordings on the second HWS
- manually adding OTA channels.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I switched to our Hopper 3 / 4K Joey combo five years ago after I had first-hand experience with them at CES 2015. I have been impressed with the relative stability of our setup over this time, and the different dish and LNBf combo have practically eliminated weather outages at our location. And I have never had a Timer Conflict with the 16 satellite tuners.

The rockiest tech issues were with the old single-tuner USB dongle. Once I switched to the AirTV dual-tuner dongle, those issues went away.

I think we’re deserving of a 4K HDR Joey. And maybe the Hopper could be updated to HDMI 2.1 to support 4K at higher frame rates along with the newer 4K codecs that have been released in the last 5 years. And a USB dongle with a 2-digit red LED display so navychop can see how many timers are active without disturbing the clean lines of the Hopper for the rest of us… :D

How would you improve the Hopper 3 (besides adding a red LED on the front
It would be hard to improve the hardware. The UI could definitely benefit from upgrades and features:

1. Subfolders (it would be nice to for my wife & I to each have a top level directory folder and organize our programming separately.
2. Rename recordings (seems to me I used to be able to do that many years ago).
3. Along with the above, be able to move programs to folders irrespective of their title
4. See the size of recordings (would help distinguish which were recorded SD vs HD when "seeking", again, seems like I used to be able to do that)
5. Under diagnostics, show signal strength for multiple satellites simultaneously to allow the "challenged" (me) to more effectively aim antenna.

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
It would be hard to improve the hardware. The UI could definitely benefit from upgrades and features:

1. Subfolders (it would be nice to for my wife & I to each have a top level directory folder and organize our programming separately.

The already have that. I have a folder for myself for my programming. My wife has a folder for
herself that has her programming. The stuff that loads the main screen is our programming. You can set your timers to load programs to whatever folder you’d like them to be in.

Reactions: Foxbat

2. Rename recordings (seems to me I used to be able to do that many years ago).
3. Along with the above, be able to move programs to folders irrespective of their title
4. See the size of recordings (would help distinguish which were recorded SD vs HD when "seeking", again, seems like I used to be able to do that)
5. Under diagnostics, show signal strength for multiple satellites simultaneously to allow the "challenged" (me) to more effectively aim antenna.
2. Yes, renaming recordings was another important function that was lost that the ViP receivers had.

Is the Protect Recording feature still available?

Is the Protect Recording feature still available?

Yes you can protect recordings.
For Recordings that already exist:
1) Press the Options Button while on the DVR page
2) Select Manage Recordings
3) Select the Recordings you want to protect
4) Select Protect
Or you can edit a Timer to turn Protect On.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)