Has PBS moved off of AMC3 or am I going crazy?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Or not... ;)
I get at least two HD PBS channels Off The Air on a $60 converter box.
.... and the 42" HD TV gets 'em , too.
Each station has additional content on sub-channels.

So, don't forget to keep your options open. :up

Over-The-Air doesn't offer much in my area unfortunately. The closest set of network stations including PBS would be at least 120 miles away.

What surprises me a bit is that PBS uses Ku-Band to transmit to the stations. C-Band doesn't have the rain-fade issues that Ku has..

I was able to scan them in, but they are so weak (63%) on my 1.2m dish that they don't lock.

These channels came in clear for years. The other satellites seem ok, so my LNB and dish are fine.

I'm looking on my Fortec Lifetime Classic N.A. with a QPH031 lnbf and a Fortec 1.2m dish, and getting:
Create = 53%-60%
Montana PBS = 60%-66%

also it's very cloudy here and raining (lightly at the moment)

I adjusted the 1.2m dish this afternoon and now get Montana PBS with a 79% signal strength. I'll just have to catch the British shows and Red Green next weekend. :)

Thank you guys!

Noticed from my start up with FTA that AMC3 PBS channels seem to be coming from a different part of the satellite. Have had to make slight adjustment to get signal and on the HDTV channels they are in different location on the bird. So I have balanced between them and normal PBS sigs.

One of the reasons I went to a dedicated ku dish was because of AMC3. Where my Bud was located, a Pine Tree (still growing, I will add), was blocking about a third of the LOS. It gave me numerous problems for AMC3 ku, although the C-Band side worked great. I almost cut it down a few times. But after I got me a dedicated motorized ku dish, I rarely use the Bud on ku anymore. I live in the middle of Georgia and the hardest channels I ever tried to get, and gave me the most problems, were the Digicipher2 Georgia PBS (GPB TV) on AMC ku. You would think that I could receive a satellite that my own state uses for public education? Anyway, after the dedicated ku was set-up, I rarely have problems with AMC3 ku any more. I have since moved my Bud west and north about 20', and it no longer has a problem with AMC3 ku. But, I still primarily use the dedicated ku dish for most of my ku watching.

Status
Please reply by conversation.