Has PBS Nebraska Disappeared from T-4 / G-28 600?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gordon Corbett

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 27, 2009
South-Coastal Oregon
Dear All,

Today we tried to tune in to T-4 / G-28 600 to watch the weekly broadcast of Guy Lombardo's wonderful program. Zilch. Nothing comes in. I have tried repeatedly, using the normal tools of azimuth and skew, to find it. I have even tried using my MPEG-2/DVB receiver's signal-strength meter to tune in exactly. Zilch. I do not know what has happened.

Please tell me whether Nebraska PBS has left T-4 / G-28.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Gordon F. Corbett

What I noticed when I converted, is that particular group of channels are not in the new maps. Its a shame that were missing out on this great programming. I will be calling skyvision on tuesday in hopes of seeing if we can get these added.

11:05 PM on Saturday night, I just went there to check & yes, I still get them on my converted 922.

What I noticed when I converted, is that particular group of channels are not in the new maps. Its a shame that were missing out on this great programming. I will be calling skyvision on tuesday in hopes of seeing if we can get these added.

Motorala charges $1000.00 per month to map in satellites. This is why it won't happen especially for ITC stuff. At map master we don't charge :D

For the OP PBS on T4 is coming in fine on my 12 foot converted no brick 922.

Motorala charges $1000.00 per month to map in satellites. This is why it won't happen especially for ITC stuff. At map master we don't charge :D

For the OP PBS on T4 is coming in fine on my 12 foot converted no brick 922.
Why not add a .50 cent mapping fee to everyones bill.... As many subs that are out there, I'm sure that everyone could cover the 1,000 bucks a month motorola wants. Although I'm stoked for Map Master and cant wait to see it!

Why not add a .50 cent mapping fee to everyones bill.... As many subs that are out there, I'm sure that everyone could cover the 1,000 bucks a month motorola wants. Although I'm stoked for Map Master and cant wait to see it!
If it was only that simple;;;;;;; I would pay 50 cents/mo.

Even though I get NETV OTA I had to check. Yep, it's still there on T4 at 93 SQ.

But that would only add 4 channels if you mapped T4. There is so much more out there. I couldn't release map master today if I wanted too since its not ready for prime time plus the BDM cable issue. Sure it will map in anything we throw at it in its current state but there are other issues that I can't discuss outside our team right now. There is an old saying "Good things come to those who wait":)

But that would only add 4 channels if you mapped T4. There is so much more out there. I couldn't release map master today if I wanted too since its not ready for prime time plus the BDM cable issue. Sure it will map in anything we throw at it in its current state but there are other issues that I can't discuss outside our team right now. There is an old saying "Good things come to those who wait":)

Pardon my pessimissim (sp?) but don't take too long developing it or people will start trashing their 4DTV's if they aren't happy with having to do a MR. I remember other situations where people kept saying that something new was coming but never came. One instance of this was when Texas Instruments stopped making PC's back in the 80's and a group was going to develop the follow-on to the TI 99/4A computer (since TI abandoned the project) but they never could get it to work. It sure would be nice to see this "Map Master" project released, though.

Pardon my pessimissim (sp?) but don't take too long developing it or people will start trashing their 4DTV's if they aren't happy with having to do a MR. I remember other situations where people kept saying that something new was coming but never came. One instance of this was when Texas Instruments stopped making PC's back in the 80's and a group was going to develop the follow-on to the TI 99/4A computer (since TI abandoned the project) but they never could get it to work. It sure would be nice to see this "Map Master" project released, though.

We are all donating our time that are in the team. Most members have familys and daily life to deal with and do what they can when they can. If you know someone who will pay salaries to us so we can quit our full time gigs we be glad to work on it daily and get it out fast. Until that happens all will have to wait till we can get it out. Anyone in a hurry can download the original 4play program and make there own version.

Hell if I could get $1000 a month like Motorola to add 4 entries I'd be very happy :)

Last edited:
Dear NotTy and All,

Thanks so much for your feedback. Actually, the very next day, my set was receiving PBS Nebraska again. I had done all sorts of things to bring it in, but nothing had worked. I restored it to its original position and skew setting, and nothing happened again; but after we had waited until the next day, there it was.

The problem may be our LNBs and feedhorn. If so, those will be changed in the relatively near future.

Thanks again.

Gordon

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)