Have 1 Receiver - Need 2 Rooms on satellite (same channel)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bridget

Original poster
Nov 28, 2010
NC
I just want the Living Room and Master BR on the same channel with DirectTv DVR in Living Room. Currently, I cannot get the signal to work in the BR. Here's the setup - DVR has two connections on back called Satellite 1 and Satellite 2. The Satellite In comes from the wall and goes to Sat 1 on back of receiver. Satellite 2 comes from the DVR - has a splitter - and goes to cable connection that feeds the house.

I have gotten the signal to reach the BR but the TV screen keeps saying Searching for Satellite 2. That is part of the problem as I have never had a receiver with a Satellite 1 AND a Satellite 2 input.

All of this worked prior to us going from Satellite to Satellite DVR receiver. DirectTv told us on the phone that "there are no guarantees" with mirroring so their solution was get another receiver.

Thanks for any help.

Bridget

I just want the Living Room and Master BR on the same channel with DirectTv DVR in Living Room. Currently, I cannot get the signal to work in the BR. Here's the setup - DVR has two connections on back called Satellite 1 and Satellite 2. The Satellite In comes from the wall and goes to Sat 1 on back of receiver. Satellite 2 comes from the DVR - has a splitter - and goes to cable connection that feeds the house.

I have gotten the signal to reach the BR but the TV screen keeps saying Searching for Satellite 2. That is part of the problem as I have never had a receiver with a Satellite 1 AND a Satellite 2 input.

All of this worked prior to us going from Satellite to Satellite DVR receiver. DirectTv told us on the phone that "there are no guarantees" with mirroring so their solution was get another receiver.

Thanks for any help.

Bridget

The satellite 2 connection is an input, not an output. You can use the hdmi or component connection if you want hd in both locations, they are both live. You must have a swm setup if there is only one cable going to your dvr.

Have signal now, but....

I took Sat 2 connection off and now both rooms are working BUT the Searching for Sat ln 2 message will not go away. I have unplugged the cord and rebooted twice. Still getting this message. Any ideas?

Sounds like you are trying to mirror the livingroom and bedroom tv.You are going to have to run a new line of rg6 and buy an rf modulator.

First you are going to have to run a new line of rg6 from your bedroom to the living room.

Hook the rf modulator to the video output on the reciever .

Barrel connect the rg6 end of the modulator to the new line of rg6 you just ran and connect it to the tv in your bedroom and set that tv too channel 3-4

You could also diplex satellite one port and the coaxial video output of your dvr
Then send the video into a prewired rg6
Jack if you have one in your master bedroom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts