Have free Platinum, can't sign up for BB by mail

Bradtothebone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 12, 2003
KC Area
Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else, but I couldn't find it if it has......I'm on the free Platinum for 12 months offer, due to expire in February. When I try to "complete registration" for the one-disc-at-a-time by mail, I'm unable to do so. First, the link from the Blockbuster page is wrong - it's supposed to send you to the "my account/programming" page, but instead sends you to the "my account/offers" page. When I finally figured out that I was in the wrong place, I noticed that the "Movie Pass" box on the programming page is not checked, even though I'm currently subscribed to it (free for 12 months).

According to the Blockbuster Movie Pass site, after you check the "Movie Pass" box and subscribe to the package, a green box will pop up on the page with a "complete registration" button. My question is this: If I check the "Movie Pass" box and subcribe to it, will they now start charging me $10/mo? Is there any other way to "complete registration?"

Brad

There has been so much info passed on here & besides who wants to browse hundreds of posts to find the answer. I'm in a similar situation, been told if you get platinum for free then you pay for the movie pass.

I'm going to ride out my free platinum till the end. By that time there will be enough reviews on here & also give dish time to work out the kinks on this new service.

I'm going to ride out my free platinum till the end. By that time there will be enough reviews on here & also give dish time to work out the kinks on this new service.
In the same boat, and not sure I want to do the disks. BB has a 30 days free trial at the blockbuster web page. I though I would try that before I canceled my free platinum.

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else, but I couldn't find it if it has......I'm on the free Platinum for 12 months offer, due to expire in February. When I try to "complete registration" for the one-disc-at-a-time by mail, I'm unable to do so...

What? You don't want to wade through 785 posts in the main thread on this subject? ;)

My question is this: If I check the "Movie Pass" box and subcribe to it, will they now start charging me $10/mo? Is there any other way to "complete registration?"
Yup. I did this on Saturday because the d*** website didn't show me the $10 charge, either in the My Programming "Proposed Changes" box after hitting Recalculate, nor on the confirmation page that you see after you hit the Submit button. This had been fixed by Sunday; you can try it, just don't hit that Submit button or you will add it for $10. The $10 got added to my account on Saturday, but only after I logged out and set up my BB queue and logged back into Dishnetwork. So I removed Movie Pass again and promptly got charged $5 for the rapid removal.

Thanks, everybody, I guess I missed this in the 30+ page thread! I think I'll ride out the free platinum, also - we have too much to watch right now anyway!!

Brad

I got bb movie pass free for 3 months but had to give up platinim for free...i was told it would expire end of january so I just decided to go with it...you can try if you want to do the same

I think I'll ride out the free platinum...
Same here. If they bring back the 3 mo free Movie Pass deal, I'll wait out 1 month and then subscribe. If they don't bring back the 3-mo free as described in ashutto's post, it's cheaper to stay with Netflix/Qwikster than throwing away $10 for 4 months.

I got bb movie pass free for 3 months but had to give up platinim for free...i was told it would expire end of january so I just decided to go with it...you can try if you want to do the same
Sorry but I am not following this, the way I am reading this you gave up nothing. You got the bb and the platinum free?

I gave up almost a month of plat since mine expired end of january...so beggining of january I will have to pay $10 where as if I kept platinum free I wouldnt have to pay until feb...thats ok though got email saying my dvd will be at my house by wed

I gave up almost a month of plat since mine expired end of january...so beggining of january I will have to post $10 where as if I kept platinum free I wouldnt have to pay until feb...thats ok though got email saying my dvd will be at my house by wed
Glad it worked out so well for you.

Has anyone come across this combination? I pay the $10 for Platinum, but I have the 30th anniv. Starz for free. I can't add BB Movie Pass (greyed out). CSR said I should be able to register. They sent me off - being researched. Just wondering if anyone fell into this category, too?

Has anyone come across this combination? I pay the $10 for Platinum, but I have the 30th anniv. Starz for free. I can't add BB Movie Pass (greyed out). CSR said I should be able to register. They sent me off - being researched. Just wondering if anyone fell into this category, too?

Will you PM your phone number or account number?

bmccormi_99 said:

I don't care about dropping my free Platinum for BBMP, but I don't want to risk my free Starz or my credit from being a former Absolute customer.

I don't see why DISH can't turn the free plat into $10.00 credits for the remaining months . It accomplishes the same thing and allows a sub to go to BlockBuster pass. I bet if you talk to retention they could work a deal with you . I got a year of $10.00 credits last month and I added the Plat pack last month. So in reality I am getting free BlockBuster pass because of the deal I worked with Retention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)