HAVE HR20 - CAN'T GET ALL LOCALS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

arneycl

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
Odon, IN
I have a HR20 and I have ran the antenna setup. After the scan for local channels most of them have come up on the list except one. It's not a big deal but it is a channel I would like to have. The channel I'm missing is 10.2 which is WTHI out of Terre Haute, Indiana. It is a channel that is dedicated to weather. I get 10.1 with no problem and the signal strength on that channel is 100. When I had a DirecTV Tivo I was able to get 10.2. Anyone have a suggestion on how I could "force" the issue with the HR20 (if possible) to get it to come in? Thanks guys.

You'll need to contact DirecTV and ask them to add it to the table of available over the air channels for your location. The HR20 doesn't scan for ATSC channels but uses a list that DirecTV sends to the receiver, no way to force it until DirecTV updates that list.

How about if DirecTV doesn't provide locals in my area? Do I still need to contact them? They don't provide locals where I live but I can pick them up using an off-the-air antenna. I'm not sure DirecTV would have anything to do with that but I might be wrong????

Doesn't matter, the receiver needs the list from DirecTV of the ATSC channels. The only DirecTV branded receiver that actually scanned for ASTC channels was the H20, all the others look at the table suppiled by DirecTV to the receiver during the setup process.

Have you tried scanning different zipcodes in the area to see if its listed elsewhere?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts