Have low signal on a couple of Anik1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

texasbrit

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Apr 12, 2006
Can someone with Shaw Direct in the "south" (I'm in Texas) check some of their transponder readings from Anik F1? I am currently getting low signals but only on a couple of transponders. TP12 vertical (KNOW channel 9) for example is in the 60s, as is Global TV Toronto TP6 vertical. Everything else seems to be 90+

Can someone with Shaw Direct in the "south" (I'm in Texas) check some of their transponder readings from Anik F1? I am currently getting low signals but only on a couple of transponders. TP12 vertical (KNOW channel 9) for example is in the 60s, as is Global TV Toronto TP6 vertical. Everything else seems to be 90+

I checked at this hour and on Know 9 I´m getting 82 of signal, and on 60 GBL Mar and 62 CTV2 I´m getting 75, but I remember that last Sunday I wanted to watch a movie in the afternoon on ch 62 and I wasn´t getting a signal (red light). I have a 4 footer dish dedicated to Anik F1, and I´m south of Texas down in central Mexico.

Remember that Shaw feeds their signals from a large number of uplink sites.
If BC channels are weaker, it could be raining heavily in Vancouver.
Check the Weather Network to see if there are any problem areas for weather before pulling your hair out.

Mike, I might be wrong but I don't think the signal "strength" you receive is affected by the situation on the uplink. It's affected by the power of the transponder transmitter on the satellite, the antenna on the satellite and the noise level on the path between the satellite and the ground. So even if the signal from the uplink was poor, I don't think that would affect the signal reading at your receiver.
Maybe someone who knows the exact operation of the transponders could comment.

Perhaps it could be related to this time of the year as there are occasional outages due to the sun. I had an issue with CBS East on Saturday afternoon, but the signal came back within 5 minutes. The same issue occurred with DirecTV last weekend as well.

Today I´m noticing no signal on the 60´s below 68, getting no signal on NFNTV, GBL Mar and MO (basically those channels on NFN, the Maritimes and Atlantic) from what I see is the TP 12155, I have 15 on signal w red ligth 0 db while on other channels on the same sat I´m getting fine signal with 77 plus and about 9 db, no rain on my area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)