Have you purchased any HD PPV Movies

Have you purchased any HD PPV movies with Dish?

• Never purchased any movies.

Votes: 157 73.4%
  • 1 - Bought one, and never again, not worth it.

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • 1 - Bought one, and think I might buy more.

Votes: 23 10.7%
  • 2 - 4 movies purchased

Votes: 15 7.0%
  • 5+ movies purchased

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters
I'd prefer to PPV Dish HD, as I can keep them, even though the HD DVDs look better.

Im sure there will be ways soon enough. There always is. Even if there were I wouldnt bother as there are few movies out there that I would want to watch again.

Is the quality of the movie on HD PPV any different then when it finally airs on the HBO, Starz, Cinemax HD channels?

No. IMHO, it's worse. The HD PPV movies tend to be zoomed if they are 2.35/2.40:1 to avoid 'tards calling in and complaining about black bars at the top and bottom of their screens. Showtime HD is at least fairly good about keeping things OAR. HBO, Cinemax and Starz are hit and miss.

Moreover, they usually only get their movies a month before they come to the premium channels.

Upconverted SD DVD's looks better in motion compared to HD PPV. (HD PPV looks better paused.)

I never buy a PPV I due BlockBuster Online and new releases come out every Tuesday of the month. Heck I rent the movie if I like it I just buy it and the movies are always newer than what they have on PPV or HBO any type of movie channel..

Only time I've ordered was when I had free coupons. Only HD-PPV I ordered was one time when they offered one for free.

In the poll I put that as never puchased.

I've ordered several. To me, the PQ is better than the HBO HD, and we don't tend to watch movies over and over, so the rental is a better deal. We do have Netflix, but the PPV HD option is another nice option. I just wish they would refresh the selections with greater frequency.

Now, once I get a High Def player, I'll probably choose them less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts