Having hard time setting up Hispasat 30W.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's what everyone is recommending you correct, the mast/pole that the dish is attached to must be plumb/level.

Attachments

• polelevel2.jpg
    polelevel2.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 814
.4 or .1db noise figure LNBF. Has nothing to do with your problem. Actually, .1db noise figure is/can be considered advertising hype[rubbish] but don't worry about that now.
Also the pole where the dish mounts is not the original one that came with the dish. I had to use a shorter one because the other was damaged. Can this offset my elevation?
As long as the diameter is the same** it should be no problem.
**to hold the mount 'square' to the pole.
How about a picture of the television screen showing the satellite settings, The LNB settings, and the tune up screen showing the transponder info used to 'tune up' the dish. Maybe someone will see something.
From you photo, and others on the web, it appears the coax fitting would be at a 45 when the 0 mark is at 12 o'clock.(vertical)??
Looking at your photo of the LNBF and bracket, it appears you've skewed it opposite of where it should be.
When facing the face of the dish, skew is CW when the satellite is east of your position, CCW when it's west. The dishpointer skew arrow and Cw/CCW is if you're standing behind the dish.
Use a marker to extend the hash marks past 30, the distance of 0 to 30, from and away from 30, that would be 60. Half that distance would be +15 marks.
Accuracy here isn't all that critical. You'll fine tune after you get the dish aimed and a quality reading.

Last edited:
Hey guys. thanks for all your help I was able to get a the quality to about 50%. I look again at the pole again and it did not look right. It was too small for the dish and it was sitting too low. I fixed the original pole that was damaged and remounted it. After this, I was able to get about 30% quality. I did some tweaks and only got it to about 50% which is good i guess. Did an auto scan and found 28 channels, then did a blind scan and found 42. There is one channel though that does not have any video, which is " Canal Havana ". Any ideas why?? But the main two I wanted to watch are perfect!! Thanks for all your help!!

Canal Habana has always been scrambled, I can't recall ever seeing it in the clear. Pay TV in Cuba, who'd a thunk it ?

It's also scrambled, I've had it "skipped" forever in the receiver's channel list, would think it's been scrambled long term as well.

multivision,canal habana and tvi international are biss encrypted
the rest of the encrypted channels are oddball types like keyfly

Do you have any idea about the content on Canal Habana or Multivision ? TVI occasionally is unencrypted, I like it but don't know Portuguese.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)