Having issues getting a signal from 1 of my 3 boxes? Please Help!

jormar23

Original poster
Jul 2, 2012
Lincoln,Ne
I keep getting complete loss of signal on my 722 box. I have not moved anything so I don't understand what's going on. I have a 722 in the bedroom and just a hd box in the basement they work fine with no issues. I checked all the connections and they appear to be tight. Anyone know what the issue might be? I have unplugged and plugged back in, I pressed the reset switch. Then it says acquiring signal should not take more then 5 minutes, but it was like 15 minutes with no movement on the bar. iI have a bunch of stuff taping tonight that I doubt will work now

Thanks

Chris

Chris, We're sorry you are having problems with that one receiver. You did answer the first round of questions that I would have asked. There are a couple more things we can try to resolve this issue for you.

I know you checked the connections to make sure they were tight, but one other thing I would like for you to do would be to unscrew the two satellite lines, leave them unplugged for 10 seconds and screw them back in. Rarely I have seen a static build up at those connections and it will disrupt the signal.

You can also run a check switch test on the receiver. Press Menu 6,1,1 highlight check switch on the right side the screen and press select, then highlight test on the bottom of the next screen and press select. After the test is done it will either drop you back to the check switch screen or give you an 836 error. If you receive that error do not save the changes.

Let me know if either of those steps work.

Jason

? HD vs Digital

Question for DIRT team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)