Having some setup issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

parviz

Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
Hi There, how could you get it working? I have mine for a bout a week now, it is set on Intersat 5 (old telestar 5) or IA 5. I used my Samsung receiver and everything comes on clear and strong Q and S. When I connect my VS Pro, the manually entered TPs (from Lyngsat and Samsung's TP menu), and scan (both search or blind) I only get a very few useless stations. I am looking for Persian stations (there are more than 20 on IA5 that I get via Samsung) but VS Pro won't give me any of them. Also, should I update to the next firmware and was it any help? Any help will be appreciated.

Are you getting good signal strength on the channels you do get?
If you don't have a motor on your dish, there may be an issue with the 'skew' adjustment on the lnbf. What type dish/lnbf ? Could just be slightly off on elevation, azimuth or skew. I know that rec has some problems with its blind scan right now.

Yes, I do get good signal and Q on the channels I get. It also shows good signal/Quality on all the other TPs that I manually entered but when I go to scan page it shows "not locked". However, when I connect my Samsung rec to the same dish/lnb I get all the channels that I am looking for. I have a 1m winegard and a standard linear lnb. The VSPro lnb menu only lets me to put in 11700 as the frequency whereas in the Samsung I am able to enter 11750, could that possibly be a cause for a problem? Thanks.

well, if you have your local osc freq set right, I would say its probably the buggy software in the viewsat. Until they fix the problem, or somebody else does, I don't know what else you can do with it, if it won't scan right. (unless maybe you can return it for refund!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lyngsat Lite

4DTV Receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts