Having to cancel Dish, I'm not happy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Texanmutt said:
Cable companies do charge for installation but dont pay the techs very much, so it's not a big expense for them. A 4 outlet install for cable might pay $30-$45, but a 4 receiver dish job pays $130. You will spend the same amount of time on either but make 3 times as much w/ dish. Not bad. Been there done that.
Also cable companies recycle the equipment without refurbishing the boxes from one customer to another. It's not uncommon for cable installers to have 3 or more bad boxes in a day doing installs. Another way cable saves on expenses. With dish you might have 1 bad box a week. DBS equipment is in far better shape the cables equipment.
Either way cable sucks. I would never do cable installs ever again.

Yeah, the used box thing is nasty. When I tried digital cable they tried to give me a USED remote! :eek: :no

Refurb boxes are cool by me but used remotes.. eew

One thing I have to say about cable companies. In my experence with Time Warner in New York they always come on time. Unlike my experience with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts