HBO Channels now listed in Guide

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sergei

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
iowa
Seems like someone is playing with use as Soap and now HBO on channel 330 - 346 in the Guide is showing up and they weren't listed earlier in the week.

HBO's not showing up on X4 on my 922. They and the maxes are on W5 here.

It must be my one receiver and for whatever reason is able to pick it up for now as I tried another receiver and it's not getting it. So it appears not to have taken the conversion just right.

Last edited:
What happens when you go to those channels?

I when ahead and took a couple of pictures.Will need to check more often just to see if I can ever get anything. The authorization status is showing NS
Also getting the Max channels on this receiver.

Attachments

• img122.jpg
    img122.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 234
  • img123.jpg
    img123.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
It says contact your program provider to subscribe. Call them and tell them I was especially chosen to be able to sub to HBO & Max.:deal: ;)

What it probably is is that your receiver has corrupted maps. We have found a lot of crap data that Motorola left in that shouldn't be there disassembling the maps. Motorola must have a bunch of script kiddies doing their programming. We have real programmers at Map Master :D

Last edited:
What it probably is is that your receiver has corrupted maps. We have found a lot of crap data that Motorola left in that shouldn't be there disassembling the maps. Motorola must have a bunch of script kiddies doing their programming. We have real programmers at Map Master :D

Maybe, but I had been using it as a dish mover before and changed it to the Discovery Pak and it still has all the satellites which can be mapped. from P3 to I2 which includes both W5 and X4. .

Maybe, but I had been using it as a dish mover before and changed it to the Discovery Pak and it still has all the satellites which can be mapped. from P3 to I2 which includes both W5 and X4. .

Okay, I don't get those listings but I do get listings for ABC HD. However I went to the channels on your guide and get the same message as you do. So I can tune to those channels even though they are not in the guide. Interesting. I still have the complete maps also and use my receiver as a mover. I wonder why Comcast is involved in this at all unless somebody not known at this point in time has an agenda.

:confused:

Motorola's maps are screwed up. They have double entries and other issues we've seen it in the flesh in code. These things have been a cut and paste mess for years. But when you don't care about something you put in a little effort as needed just to get by.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts