HBO - Game of Thrones (No Spoilers)

My biggest question about Bran at this point is if he has the ability to see the future or only the past and present. If he can see the future, then his role was to draw the Night King to him so that he could be killed by Arya. If he can only see the past and present, then what the heck was he doing the whole time he was warging.

But if he cant see the future, then how would he know Arya would be there to kill the night king, and if he didnt know that, then why would he want to draw the night king to him? Lots of questions and loose ends to take care of in the remaining episodes.
Right, that is the problem. Did he know that she was going to kill him or just think that was their best chance to take him out? I'm not sure. It seems like he would have known before the Night King got there that dragon fire wasn't going to do anything so he was screwed (it had already been proven not to work in the battle). If he couldn't see the future, then why not warg into someone with some Valyrian steel to come to the god's wood? All signs seem to point to the fact that he can see the future, but if so, why didn't he give Jon and team a little more help in planning the battle.

All signs seem to point to the fact that he can see the future, but if so, why didn't he give Jon and team a little more help in planning the battle.
Because he knew that the only way to make it happen was to drop subtle hints and once the pieces were in motion, they could not be micro-managed lest he disrupt their plans. Plus, there was still that connection between Bran and the Night King. If Bran "knew" Cats Paw wielded by No One would be the end of the Night King, so might the Night King.

Right, that is the disappointing part. None of that was explained. Hopefully we get some more detail of what exactly he was doing next episode. I also hope the battle at King's Landing is during the day!

Reactions: Foxbat
I thought it was an action packed mess of an episode, all sorts of problems, the kind of episode that makes you shrug and say it's just a TV show.

Episode 4 went about as expected except I had forgotten about the anti-dragon weapons. :eeek

I don't recall Sansa being untrustworthy in the past but I'm by no means an expert on this story.

Danny missed on the most important aspect of having dragon(s): Up is an option that ships, armies, and castles don't have. I bet Euron wouldn't like it if Drogon dropped a boulder from 10,000 feet on his ship.

Reactions: wormil
So do you think Dany turns mad like her father? I've changed my opinion on how this plays out. All just speculation but won't surprise me to see Jon having to take Dany out to stop her slaughtering innocents at Kings Landing. She looked really pissed last episode. Anyway, just a thought.

I enjoyed the episode 4. To me there were only two bad parts: 1)the sneak attack from Euron. The logistics for that whole scene don't make sense - She should have been able to see the ships from a long way away being up high; It would be impossible to have 3 direct hits on a moving target from the moving deck of a ship (not to mention that the range on those ballistas was absurd). 2) They have completely 100% fumbled the Ghost story line. First he wasn't even in last season, then in the Battle of Winterfell he was in the initial charge, then we didn't see him again, but somehow he survived minus an ear, then Jon doesn't even say goodbye. Terrible. Other than those two aspects, I thought the dialogue was great. So many good scenes.

Reactions: Ronnie- and Foxbat
I am apparently one of the 10% who has never watched a single GOT episode. So, I was just reading commentary in the news... Is everybody in the series getting killed off one by one? :(

I am apparently one of the 10% who has never watched a single GOT episode. So, I was just reading commentary in the news... Is everybody in the series getting killed off one by one? :(
It has been that way since season 1. You should really dive in. A fantastic journey.

A game of survivor where the loser is actually murdered on screen?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)