HBO is back on Dish! (Well, HBO Max, but only through Amazon Prime app, only on Hopper 3)

I think that must have been a glitch that somehow slipped through undetected. Then, as soon as this thread got posted, HBO saw it and was like "Hell no! Shut that down!" So, the glitch immediately got fixed after that. Sorry for causing your HBO access through the Hopper 3 to get taken away, everybody. :sorry
If we are paying the monthly HBO fee to Amazon why can't we get HBO max on our Hoppers? I looked at the HBO web site yesterday and it looks like every TV provider has HBO but dish. If we paid for the app we should be allowed to get it on our Hoppers.

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
What does that mean exactly?
A linked article at CNBC seemed to provide a bit more information. In a concession to WarnerMedia, Amazon will remove HBO from Amazon Channels next year

I subscribed to HBO as an Amazon Prime Channel. The articles say things like "customers who subscribed to HBO through the Prime channels will be able to log on to HBO Max." What it doesn't say is for how long. My renewal of that channel comes up in December. As far as what to do exactly, i.e., not renew the HBO channel and instead sign up for HBO Max another way...my dad was a telephone man, and I remember him talking about ISDN, saying at the time, that it stood for
"I Still Don't No".

Reactions: charlesrshell
Perhaps the group can chime in on just how you might eventually atone for this. The hurt and disappointment aren't gonna go away soon.
Just FYI for those who wish to get HBO Max. Amazon's 'Black Friday's' specials are now up at their website. The normally $50 Fire TV Stick 4K is now $29.99.

I own this an can recommend it without hesitation.

BTW. I just finished HBO's new "Perry Mason" series and loved it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I use and love my Roku Ultra. It is worth the money for fast loading and great picture in 4k, HDR, or UHD for less than a $100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)