HD absolute access charge?

I contacted Dish about the fee and was told....Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We apologize for the confusion. There will be no $6 access fee on the account as the DishHD Absolute is considered as a basic package.
If a Dish CSR told me the sky was blue, I'd look out the window.:rolleyes:

Seriously, DishHD Absolute customers will only find out whether or not we are charged a $6 Access Fee when we get our next bill. Anything Dish says (or publishes on their web site) until then is just a rumor :cool:

Talon Dancer

Just logged in and saw the same thing on my Absolute account. I can confirm that the CSR told me the same thing that Hall's CSR did.

Silly Burrito: I just logged into my account and notice a new $6 access fee that I've never seen before. Is there a reason it's there? I checked my previous statement, and it's not there.

(snipped account info)

(03) HY2 Penelope U.8VR: Please be assured that you will not be charged any access fee.

Silly Burrito: Ok, is it just a weird glitch?

(03) HY2 Penelope U.8VR: Yes.

(03) HY2 Penelope U.8VR: Thank you for your understanding .

I was told when I called dish that absolute is no longer a qualifying pack so we will pay more for locals.

Locals
$9.99

dishHD Absolute
$29.99

DVR Service
$6.00

Total
$45.98 (excludes taxes / credits)

No more DishHD Absolute w/Locals 34.99.
So wait and see but I was told that's the new price plan for Absolute customers.

My account details show:

DISHHD Absolute$29.99
HD Solo Receiver$7.00
Access Fee$6.00
Cinemax$13.00
Total$55.99

However, my current balance due is $50.95 (as usual) and the PDF statement doesn't have the $6 fee either. Perhaps the $6 fee is coming and they're waiting for us to get receive about it.

I don't have the fee, but I'm being charged for HBO & Showtime. Will get that fixed.
Statement Date: September 25, 2010
Monthly Charges
Oct 10 - Nov 09 HBO & SHO 24.00
DishHD Absolute w/Locals 34.99
DishHD Absolute w/Locals -15.00
DVR Service 6.00
Dish Network DVR Service -6.00
Service Plan (15/25) 6.00 <-Removed it this month, wonder why I'm still being charged?
HD Solo Receiver 7.00
HD Duo (2TV) DVR Receiver 17.00
$ 73.99
Other Charges and Credits
Sep 20 Hbo/show Credit 3 of 3 -24.00
Taxes
Sep 25 State/Local Tax (Sales) -2.18
Total Due by Oct 15, 2010 $ 92.31

From: Satellite Television - Frequently Answered Questions - DISH Network

The Service Access Fee is a $6.00 monthly fee applied to all accounts that do not subscribe to one of our basic programming packages. The costs we incur to deliver specialty programming are far greater than what we pay for our basic packages. This small monthly charge allows us to provide specialty programming at a reasonable price.

I know it was posted previously that a CSR was quoted as saying "HD Absolute" is a Basic package, and thus this service fee doesn't apply. So one would think they'd have to change Absolute to a non-basic package in order to charge the fee. One way or another if this fee comes to be, it would be nice if we're notified. I'm still seeing the fee on my account, but not in my balance due total.

I have the $6 fee, but I am not paying $5 for locals anymore (says $29.99 w/locals) $1 increase is no big deal to me. It is also showing 5 X $5 referral credits when I should only have 3?

Is that what your actual PDF or paper bill says, or what your online account says. For me, the two are different right now.

Not being charged

I don't have the fee, but I'm being charged for HBO & Showtime. Will get that fixed.
Statement Date: September 25, 2010
Monthly Charges
Oct 10 - Nov 09 HBO & SHO 24.00
DishHD Absolute w/Locals 34.99
DishHD Absolute w/Locals -15.00
DVR Service 6.00
Dish Network DVR Service -6.00
Service Plan (15/25) 6.00 <-Removed it this month, wonder why I'm still being charged?
HD Solo Receiver 7.00
HD Duo (2TV) DVR Receiver 17.00
$ 73.99
Other Charges and Credits
Sep 20 Hbo/show Credit 3 of 3 -24.00
Taxes
Sep 25 State/Local Tax (Sales) -2.18
Total Due by Oct 15, 2010 $ 92.31

You were charged 24 then you were credited 24 so it's already fixed as far as I can tell.

My bill for Oct 6th posted (for Oct 20--Nov 19), I'm still paying what I was before: 29.99 for Absolute w/locals, 6.00 dvr fee, + tax. I wonder if the access fee will kick in if you change or add programming, I see in the upper right corner under "change programming" the fee is listed, if you add/change and click "ok" it might start being charged?

Also Charlie needs to update his commercial & slogan, "Let's watch tv." He should add, " Except F/X, RSN's, Nat Geo, Disney HD, etc":D

My bill for Oct 6th posted (for Oct 20--Nov 19), I'm still paying what I was before: 29.99 for Absolute w/locals, 6.00 dvr fee, + tax. I wonder if the access fee will kick in if you change or add programming, I see in the upper right corner under "change programming" the fee is listed, if you add/change and click "ok" it might start being charged?
You may be right. My current total is still $38 and some change ($29.99 + $6 fee + taxes, fees, etc). I haven't rec'd my next bill yet but should soon.

I was thinking about adding the $7 sports package for NFL Redzone, but I think I'll hold off as I don't want to be the one who finds out the hard way! :)

I was thinking about adding the $7 sports package for NFL Redzone, but I think I'll hold off as I don't want to be the one who finds out the hard way! :)

Cannot add multisport pack with Absolute package. It is a not a "qualifying package" whatever that means. Why they would not want my 7 bucks a month is beyond me :confused:

Multi-sports is listed on "My Programming" page. I'm not gonna test it to see what happens if I try and add it though. :D

This is why I dropped auto pay. I canceled cinemax and I bet it will take 6 months for them to get my bill right. :eek:

Attachments

• dish.jpg
    dish.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 119

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)