HD absolute access charge?

Dish HD Absolute here with $6.00 added!

I have the $6.00 "Access Fee" added to my HD Absolute programming. Just talked with Dish and they said it is a fee added to all packages that are not their "Basic" programming packages. They listed all the packages that are currently on their website as being programming packages that meet the criteria for no fee. They apologized for the fee and offered 3 PPV coupons. Told them I really don't care for the coupons and don't appreciate them saying the HD Absolute programming package I've subscribed to for years has now been decided it isn't "Basic". So, no luck here on getting them to remove the $6.00 "Access Fee", which states it is for "Allows access to specialty programming" that I never asked for... Not a way to retain customers Charlie!

I tried to add multi sports with a CSR and they said they can not add it to absolute and that the $6 is there since it is not a qualifing program

Just posted this in the "poll" thread. My new statement was available this morning, all charges are the same as they have been.

No new fees added.

Just posted this in the "poll" thread. My new statement was available this morning, all charges are the same as they have been.

No new fees added.

also posted in the poll thread (can these be merged ?!?!).. I suspect this is a discrepancy in how the website estimates your bill... I was told the charge does NOT appear on my next bill.

Proposed Changes?

Attached clip from my Proposed Changes in my Dish bill.

Attachments

• Proposed Changes 02.JPG
    Proposed Changes 02.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 159
Decided to score the 3 PPV coupons and ask about the access fee. Here it is.

Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: How may I help you?

Me: What happened to NatGeoHD and what is the $6.00 access fee i'm seeing on my online account

(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: Let me explain that to you.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: DISH Network and FOX Networks are in contract negotiations related to the price we pay for some of their channels. FOX Networks has demanded a rate increase of more than 50%. While we are doing our best to limit any interruptions in programming, DISH Network cannot agree to these terms and we will fight for a fair and equitable agreement. Unfortunately, FOX Networks has made the decision to remove some of their programming from our customers. We are working hard to return your programming as quickly as possible. In the meantime, let me review what programming is not affected and discuss some alternatives we are giving you during these negotiations.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: We regret that FOX has decided to remove their FX/National Geographic programming from our customers. While we work hard to negotiate for the return of your programming as quickly as possible, we are giving you access to HDNet on your FX channel and HD Theater on your National Geographic channel, which have very similar programming.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: As you are a valuable customer I would also like to offer you 3 PPV coupons worth $5.99.

Me: I'll take them. Thanks

(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: You are welcome.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: And we really appreciate your patience.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: We are fighting with FOX to get back the channels soon.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: We are sure we would get it back soon.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: For security purposes, can you please verify the last four digits of the Social Security Number on the account?

Me: ****

(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: Thank you.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: Can you please verify your e-mail address as on the account?

Me: *******@.net

(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: So that I can send the coupons to you.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: Thank you.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: Give me a moment as I issue.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: Thank you for your patience.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: I have issued the coupons to you.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: You will be receiving an e-mail shortly.

ME: ok thanks again.

(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: Do you want me to give you the steps to redeem the coupons?

Me: Yes

(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: Okay.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: To redeem the movie coupons online, please follow the below steps:
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: • Login to your online account at DISH Satellite TV - $24.99 & HD Free For Life - Let's Watch TV
• Select the movie you would like to order
• Select “Redeem Movie Coupon” to choose your payment method, then enter the Coupon Number from one of the coupons.

Me: Ok, got it

(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: To redeem the movie coupons by phone 1-877-347-4778, please follow the below steps:
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: • State ""order a movie"" when prompted
• Enter account information
• Press 1 to redeem movies
• Enter Channel number, followed by #
• Finally, you will hear a message ""Great! Your account will be credited for the amount of the movie.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: Please note that these movie coupons are not valid for sporting or other events nor VOD movies; not valid for monetary redemption or bill credit.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: You should have received an e-mail by now.
Me: About the 6.00 ...access fee. Is that something i will be seeing soon on my monthly bill or is it a mistake?
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: Let me quickly check that for you.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: Thank you for your patience.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: I see that you have the Dish HD Absolute on the account.

Me: Yes i do.

(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: As I see that it is not the basic or the minimum package required on the account you will be charged $6.00 towards the access fee.

Me: Why now and not 3 or 4 yrs ago? LOL

(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: I understand your concerns
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: But you can avoid the charge by changing your package to a basic one.

Me: What channels are in the DishAmerica paks as i
find the SD channels almost unwatchable.

(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: Let me give you the channels line up.

Me: and price too. Please

(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: The list of HD channels with the Dish America with channel number, channel name and map down channel:

9419 Arts & Entertainment HD (A&E) 118

9420 Turner Network Television HD (TNT) 138

9421 HD Theater (HDTHR) 364

9422 HDnet (HDNET) 362

9424 ESPNHD (ESPN) 140

9425 ESPN2 HD (ESPN2) 144

9431 USANetwork HD (USAHD) 105

9432 SYFY HD (SYFYHD) 122

9436 CNN HD (CNN) 200

9437 The Travel Channel HD (TRV) 215

9438 The Weather Channel HD (TWC) 214

9439 CNBC HD (CNBC) 208

9461 Home & Garden Television HD (HGTV) 112

9462 Food Network HD (FOOD) 110

9463 Cartoon Network HD (TOON) 176

9469 Palladia HD (PLDIA) 369

9470 Lifetime HD (LIFE) 108

9485 Comedy Central HD (CMDY) 107

9487 Discovery HD (DisHD) 182

9488 The Learning Channel HD (TLC) 183

9491 History HD (HIST) 120

9493 Country Music TV HD (CMT) 166

9499 Turner Broadcast System HD (TBS) 139

9506 Spike HD (SPIKE) 168

Me: Is that it?

(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: Yes.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: Those are the channels available in Dish America.
(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: It is charged at $29.99/month.

Me: I think i'll stick with absolute but thanks for the PPV coupons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I too see this under my monthly charges online but for the bill period 10-26 to 11-25 (charged to my card on 10-31), it is not listed. Under the explanation of service charges it says that the $6 access charge is for access to specialty programming. What specialty programming? Is the Absolute pkg. now considered specialty programming?

I too see this under my monthly charges online but for the bill period 10-26 to 11-25 (charged to my card on 10-31), it is not listed. Under the explanation of service charges it says that the $6 access charge is for access to specialty programming. What specialty programming? Is the Absolute pkg. now considered specialty programming?

again.. I do not think anyone has seen this show up on a bill.. only in the online estimated charges... let's not worry about it until it shows up on an actual BILL ?

Maybe it's a mistake. I don't know. My actual statement from Oct to Nov isn't showing it. But, the "monthly charges" from the "my billing" page is.
Here's the C&P

4 Premiums$42.00 dishHD Absolute$29.99 HD Solo Receiver$7.00 Access Fee$6.00 ................. Total$84.99 (excludes taxes / credits)

Not seeing it on my current bill nor my "monthly charges" page:

DISHHD Absolute $29.99
DVR Service $6.00
Total $35.99

* Same as it's been since I got my 722 years ago *

The $6 Access Fee has disappeared from my "monthly charges" page too.

Imagine that -- the Dish web site and Dish CSRs were giving us the wrong info. :eek:

Oh well, another major HD Absolute disaster averted by doing nothing :rolleyes:

Talon Dancer

You're right it is now gone from my monthly charges also. It must have been removed overnight because it was there when I checked last evening.

They must have been reading this thread and decided it was the right thing to do.:)

The $6 Access Fee is gone from "My Programming" page too. At least I got 3 PPV coupons out of this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts