HD Absolute package to end August 1 ?

Scott, can you answer the next 3 questions to best of your knowledge?

1. Will RSN be available for those who has HD Absolute + Local after 8/1 or anytime soon?
2. Will current HD Absolute subs getting new HD channels in the future?
3. I have all MPEG4 equipments, will Dish allow those current subs with qualifying equipments to swtich to TurboHD in the future?

Thanks in advance..

No its not that...

TurboHD requires that a customer have ALL MPEG4 equipment. And that is the issue because many folks forget they have a receiver in the kids room or bedroom and then call and upgrade to a HD only package, then do it and a few days later notice the other TV's in the house are not working so they want Dish to come out and upgrade those receivers on those TV's for free.

But doesn't Dish know what receivers I have? If I have an MPEG2 receiver it should be listed on my account.

I have the Dish Ultimate package($20.00 mo) with my 250 Pack, It says on the Dish web site that there are 46 HD Channels included with my 250 HD Package, but if you look at the "Absolute" package ($29.99 Mo) it says only 45 HD channels, Why pay $9.99 more and get one less HD channel?

If you have HDonly package, does that mean you have no SD channels? So no comedy central and all those channels?

The biggest loss for me is TCM. Today, 118 of 588 movie-like recordings are from TCM. Second is HDNetMovie at 67, hopefully to be re-recorded in MPEG-4 at 1/2 to 2/3 the size after 8/1.

BTW typical size of SD MPEG-2 is .8 to 1.0 GB/hr while SD on MPEG-4 HD is somewhat more, HD MPEG-4 is 2 to 2.6, and HD MPEG-2 (HDNMov HBO SHO and OTA) is 3.4 to 4.6. Any with ads are higher.

-Ken

Scott, can you answer the next 3 questions to best of your knowledge?

1. Will RSN be available for those who has HD Absolute + Local after 8/1 or anytime soon?
2. Will current HD Absolute subs getting new HD channels in the future?
3. I have all MPEG4 equipments, will Dish allow those current subs with qualifying equipments to swtich to TurboHD in the future?

Thanks in advance..

1. No. HD Absolute will never have RSNs.
2. Yes, at least through the end of this year.
3. Yes, eventually. No timetable as of yet.

1. No. HD Absolute will never have RSNs.
2. Yes, at least through the end of this year.
3. Yes, eventually. No timetable as of yet.

Do you have a link? Who provided you with this official information? Or are you just speculating like everyone else?

Scott has not said much on this issue, He must have information He is not at liberty to reveal!

so, HD Absolute is going away?

What's it being replaced with? Are they going to now force you to subscribe (for those who haven't signed up yet) a SDTV package with an HDTV package add-on?

This is news to me...and if it's true, this sucks, as I won't be able to afford to get an upgraded player in time to get grand-fathered in.

so, HD Absolute is going away?

What's it being replaced with? Are they going to now force you to subscribe (for those who haven't signed up yet) a SDTV package with an HDTV package add-on?

This is news to me...and if it's true, this sucks, as I won't be able to afford to get an upgraded player in time to get grand-fathered in.
Anyone already in HD Absolute is supposedly going to be grandfathered. Apparently no rate increase until the normal February round of increases. Allegedly we're also going to get any new HD channels E* adds this year.

so what happens to after August 1st? Will the package disappear and those who are interested in HD (with Dish) will have to get a regular package+HD add-on?

What happens after this year though? Will you guys continue to get all the newly added HD channels?

I'm just curious because...well, if it's going away (forever), then I may attempt to scrape up enough money to go ahead and get on this package (the biggest price barrier for me is the HD DVRs).

I was told by a CSR those of us in the 'HD Only' package, would be safe until February, 2009... I have a single 722K (MPEG4 compliant) in my home... and, out of contract...

I was personally offered and switched to 'HD Only' when Voom was pulled, while I was moaning about its loss to a Dish CSR...

From what I've read here, it appears Dish doesn't really have a plan for us (HD Only clients), as of yet... or they're not willing to share it...

Q: Am I reading this correctly... We are, in limbo...?

Quick question for those that already have HD Absolute. This may have been answered before but do you get any of the Music channels with the package. I assume no Sirius but what about the others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)