HD Amplified Antenna for OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bulldog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
I just notice a Digital High Definition/Multi directional Amplified Antenna for OTA; it’s called the Sylvania DTA-3500 DX. It has a remote control and an indicator box for selecting four different directions. I don’t know what the specs are. I have been trying to look them up. Has anyone used one and how well does it work?

It’s seems like it might help reduce the multi path signal problems, and it sure beats not having to buy a rotator. The lowest price I have seen is $68 on the net.

I have a Rat Shack disk type that is supposed to be omni directional. But it is directional, and you have to turn the mast to get signals coming from different directions.

This Sylvania might be the ticket. Check out the attachment for a picture of it.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 067000013099.jpg
    067000013099.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 430
If multipath is a problem then a multidirectional is not the cure..
I too know very little about this antenna. With out trying to sound negative, anything that puposely advertises itself as a HD antenna seems suspect, since there is no such thing.

Over the years a traditonal antenna with a rotator, mounted as high as possble always works best. BUlldog how about a little info- location, any obstructions like tree blocking a line of sight. What have tried and what issues are you having, How is your current antenna mounted?

Kevinw said:
If multipath is a problem then a multidirectional is not the cure..
I too know very little about this antenna. With out trying to sound negative, anything that puposely advertises itself as a HD antenna seems suspect, since there is no such thing.

Over the years a traditonal antenna with a rotator, mounted as high as possble always works best. BUlldog how about a little info- location, any obstructions like tree blocking a line of sight. What have tried and what issues are you having, How is your current antenna mounted?

I have stations coming in from different directions for my HD OTA. I am using a
Low-profile Omnidirectional Amplified TV Antenna from Radio Shack Catalog #: 15-1634.

I received 4 stations in one direction and several others at other directions. So I have to determined which stations I want and be stuck with it. So in searching for new type I happen to come upon this new type that might help me get signals from different directions at the push of the button. I was hoping that someone has seen it or better yet has one, to see what results they are getting. The price is not bad. It is one attempt outside of buying a traditional antenna with a rotor.

Channel Master Stealth

I am about 45 miles from all my primary towers, so under the advice of my antenna guy, I had him install a Channel Master Stealth antenna. The thing is very small and looks like a cool airplane wing - which is good since I have a neighborhood with no antennas. Adding an external amplifier pulls in signals from other markets.

I am very happy with it. I have it positioned stationary (no rotor) and I get all my locals. Of course, it all depends on where you and your towers sit.

That is what I have..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)