HD Channel List: Dish Network vs DirectTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ok...though I have never heard of Altitude. I guess I am just curious if I am supposed to be receiving these channels in WI (I get Milwaukee locals if that helps). My sats are 61.5, 110, 119 and 121.

Thanks for the lists! I just want to make sure I'm getting all the HD I am entitled too! (sure wish I could get my locals in HD as their original list showed 2006) Like that ever happend and is a complete different subject...LOL

Altitude is a Denver RSN so you wouldn't get it in WI unless you subscribe to the Sports Package.

UPDATE 10-29-2007: Fixed Big10, CSNet Chicago, CSNet Mid-Atlantic, FSN Detriot, FSN Prime Ticket, FSN West, NESN, SNY, and Yes for D*

Thanks Hemi!

this is really most helpful. i especially like the color-coded version. just a note to Dfergie that Animania through Ultra should be red for D*.

this is really most helpful. i especially like the color-coded version. just a note to Dfergie that Animania through Ultra should be red for D*.

I've been handling all updates so please make sure to send them to me.

UPDATE 10-29-2007: Fixed Animania thru Ultra for D*

Thanks Fitz

Doesn't matter. Look right now DirecTV has about 8 more channels. But the ones they don't have (VOOM) are channels they'll never have when the other count is even. Now if only we could get the Fish channel back......

Point of order on the charts:

Is CNBC truly HD or is it a 4x3 SD picture of CNBC on one side and graphics on the other to form a 16x9 image in SD?

See ya
Tony

HD TICKER HD WING
SD 4X3 SD HD WING
SD 4X3 SD HD WING
SD 4X3 SD HD WING
HD TICKER HD WING

^^
An ASCII graphical illustration. The graphics are full HD resolution.

UPDATE 10-30-2007: Fixed Fuel, FSN Houston and NBA on D*

Thanks Hemi

Any comment on roadmaps? Is either provider running into a bandwidth limitation, e.g. DirecTV had to put up new satellites to offer new stations this year?

Thank you for this. I was wondering how much of the "HD-leader" discussion was just rhetoric and how much was based on a real variance in channels carried. Looks like Dish is really missing some important channels. VOOM is fine and all if you like an extremely targeted audience, but I would trade all of voom for just Sci-Fi and USA.

If bandwidth is a concern for Dish even for the foreseeable future, this tells me not to expect more local HD roll-outs anytime soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)