HD-DVD lost the war R.I.P

We have all major studios, tell me how in the world can they win the war?

If you're going to post something like this it helps to have the facts right.

HD-DVD Majors:
Paramount
Universal

Blu-ray Majors:
Sony
Warner
Fox
Disney

I don't count the subsidiaries / smaller studios.

I doubt bill gates will pay 1billion to each studio to comeback to HD-DVD.
And I doubt microsoft will keep supporting HD-DVD in few months.

It certainly is a very difficult position for the HD-DVD camp, but given Blu-ray has made every effort to grab defeat from the jaws of victory it is possible they'll still botch this.

I don't see it happening, but ...

HD-DVD isn't dead... Wait, it was the first format, cheapest format, most familiar, and Microsoft backed it. (LOL) But it has 2, count em 2 exclusive studios, and as far as I can tell, everyone that was both formats, has jumped ship with HD-DVD and went directly to Blu-Ray. mmm... That sounds like defeat to me...

Now, that is coming from someone who has a HD-DVD player on his 360, whom actually hates Sony, and can't believe Sony did something right. I only hope, Blu-Ray don't continue to screw people, and perhaps goes to HD-DVD camp for some technical help (maybe more, everyone can't deny HD-DVD had good things about it) and makes Blu-Ray the best it can be, so that the consumer wins. Gets those prices down, and start selling some product...

Enough, the war is over... Blu-Ray wins...

HD-DVD isn't dead... Wait, it was the first format, cheapest format, most familiar, and Microsoft backed it. (LOL) But it has 2, count em 2 exclusive studios, and as far as I can tell, everyone that was both formats, has jumped ship with HD-DVD and went directly to Blu-Ray. mmm... That sounds like defeat to me...

Now, that is coming from someone who has a HD-DVD player on his 360, whom actually hates Sony, and can't believe Sony did something right. I only hope, Blu-Ray don't continue to screw people, and perhaps goes to HD-DVD camp for some technical help (maybe more, everyone can't deny HD-DVD had good things about it) and makes Blu-Ray the best it can be, so that the consumer wins. Gets those prices down, and start selling some product...

Enough, the war is over... Blu-Ray wins...

Most constructive post I've ever readed on this thread.
Studios is what wins the war.
Huge Blu-ray commercial during Pats/Chargers game today, and I expect another one @ Super bowl.
Now if Microsoft lends some money to Toshiba, I am sure they will be able to get a commercial in there too.

Toshiba has enough money... and will still be around after BD folds...

Enough money?
I am sorry let me rephrase that, how about it has 2 studios left.
That should prove my point.
BD to fold? :eek: LOL.
dfergie, you do know the studios (Paramount/Universal) eventually will see where the money is at, and they will shift to Blu-ray.
They will see there will be more discs sold on blu-ray than HD-DVD, and companies nowdays don't stick around just because they like a company, they go where the money is.

If you're going to post something like this it helps to have the facts right.

HD-DVD Majors:
Paramount
Universal

Blu-ray Majors:
Sony
Warner
Fox
Disney

I don't count the subsidiaries / smaller studios.

It certainly is a very difficult position for the HD-DVD camp, but given Blu-ray has made every effort to grab defeat from the jaws of victory it is possible they'll still botch this.

I don't see it happening, but ...

You forgot something, sales, look at the Blu-ray sales, defeating HD-DVD 52 weeks in a row, isn't that enough?
And it wasn't just contribution from the big studios, from the small ones too, SAW series sold decent, yes it may not be a big hit like Spidey and PoC3, but still helped.
And being in this forums for a while, I am sure most of the people know which studios BR is backed up by and HD-DVD is backed up by...I don't think people will have hard times remembering 2 studios for HD-DVD and the rest being for Blu-ray.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)