HD-DVD Versions of HP and Bourne are BUNGLED! Doom and Gloom for HD-DVD!!!

I don't think you should apologize for any thing you have said.
I know what you were trying to accomplish and I salute you, for It was way overdue. Interesting what happens when the shoe is on the other foot.
We should have a thick skin by now, but to be truthful, I grow tired of it.
I originally came to this forum because I am an HD/audio enthusiast and thought I could learn more and resolve any potential questions/problems as the technology progressed and have some fun at the same time.
Yeah I know, If you don't like it, then leave, but I don't think that option Is what SatGuys wants, but then again I could be wrong.

It is after all a War-Zone:cool: not like were supposed to be civil here. The British were civil during the Revolution and look where that got them :D

Alot of Blue Users here have very thin skin, (maybe shows how nervous they are) :D he he.

As a Red user I must say. I stopped caring if either wins. LOL, I did some research and found out that this almost happened during the DVD inception and sort of did with DIVX (not the codec but the circuit city driven 48 hour rental platform they tried to force out). But they got Toshiba to tie in early and everything worked out.

In the end the PS2 as well as gradually decreasing in prices of players made the technology loved. But as I get more and more into research of why DVD overtook VHS. I found that it was really two factors (from those I interviewed on campus).
1. They never had to rewind the tapes.. I was shocked this was the overwhelming reason faculty and staff had changed over to DVD format.
2. DVD's take up less room storing them.

Well... I don't see either one of those being a reason for HD-DVD / Or Blue - Ray to win this time.

My survey came up with some interesting results. (only posting the interesting items)

Men over the age of 40 would only be persuaded to buy HD-DVD because Star-Trek would be released enhanced on it. (Remember these are University Professors primarily, so Bias toward geekness is high.)

Most people want to wait for one side to Win decidedly before investing in either technology.

More people were interested in digital distribution only if it involved a easy way to be portable without losing quality.

Just some interesting results of an unscientific poll I did at Southern Illinois University of Edwardsville.

Keeping a serious demeanor to the topic, I'll just report that I saw latest HP tonight in HD DVD and it played flawlessly. Now why won't Bourne Ultimatum do the same?

1080p60 Toshiba A30

I'm all for having fun but if everyone's thread title is simular to "HD-DVD Versions of HP and Bourne are BUNGLED! Doom and Gloom for HD-DVD!!!" then the forum starts to fall apart and intelligent posters shy away. I'm here to learn and to stay updated and often times find there are few relevant offerings. Having 'fun' is cute, lets start a HD - BD fun section and keep all the fun topics there.

I'm all for having fun but if everyone's thread title is simular to "HD-DVD Versions of HP and Bourne are BUNGLED! Doom and Gloom for HD-DVD!!!" then the forum starts to fall apart and intelligent posters shy away. I'm here to learn and to stay updated and often times find there are few relevant offerings. Having 'fun' is cute, lets start a HD - BD fun section and keep all the fun topics there.

This IS the HD-BD "fun section", it was pretty much created to let people blow off steam and was an attempt to keep the "fun poking" OT posts out of the main forums. Do a forum search, or go to forum jump and you will find all of the "serious" info that you want:)

No I didn't originally, but after my post on the facts, read further and realized the OP was either joking or just back-peddling. I'm still trying to figure out if I just just ignore him as a jester or try to determine his motives first.

In the forum posts, I can't assume everytime someone posts something I don't agree with they are just kidding. Back peddling is a practice alive and well. At least with Vurbano, I know where he stands and while don't always agree, most of the time I don't, I do know his position is stated with personal integrity and honesty. It IS what he thinks.
exactly. This thread is either pure FUD or a back handed attempt at it. Then when the OP gets called on it he backpeddles saying its a joke. Thats BS.

exactly. This thread is either pure FUD or a back handed attempt at it. Then when the OP gets called on it he backpeddles saying its a joke. Thats BS.
Come on Vurb, you (and others in your "camp") have done pretty much the same thing in the past.

A little sensitive, are we? Of all people, I would have thought it would have been exceedingly obvious to you what I was doing.

But if you really want to believe I started out serious and then backpeddled, go right ahead... I won't lose any sleep over it.

A little sensitive, are we? Of all people, I would have thought it would have been exceedingly obvious to you what I was doing.

But if you really want to believe I started out serious and then backpeddled, go right ahead... I won't lose any sleep over it.

:up:up:up

No I didn't originally, but after my post on the facts, read further and realized the OP was either joking or just back-peddling. I'm still trying to figure out if I just just ignore him as a jester or try to determine his motives first.

In the forum posts, I can't assume everytime someone posts something I don't agree with they are just kidding. Back peddling is a practice alive and well. At least with Vurbano, I know where he stands and while don't always agree, most of the time I don't, I do know his position is stated with personal integrity and honesty. It IS what he thinks.

In other words....I didn't read the thread thoroughly enough but just decided to come in with a novel about what I assumed everyone was talking about. Geez Don, come down from the tower.

Flying J on the tower: I've been accused of being under the sea too long before but never on a tower. :)

FYI- I answered the first post the same after reading it as I would had I made the second post in the thread before anyone else responded. I don't need you or anyone else to offer an opinion before I form my own of the post I commented on, the first one, especially when the OP is referencing my comments from another thread. If that puts me on a tower then In your opinion that's where I am.

Flying J on the tower: I've been accused of being under the sea too long before but never on a tower. :)

FYI- I answered the first post the same after reading it as I would had I made the second post in the thread before anyone else responded. I don't need you or anyone else to offer an opinion before I form my own of the post I commented on, the first one, especially when the OP is referencing my comments from another thread. If that puts me on a tower then In your opinion that's where I am.

How is the weather up there?:)

If a proper estimate of the average age of HD/BD owners could've been done, I think the BD owner would turn out to be noticable younger...
Hence, much more value is put into "publicity", to be heard, narcissistic behavior, etc.

Case in point: have a look at this BD-only thread
http://www.satelliteguys.us/blu-ray-forum/118216-problem-ps3-video.html
Except for the repeated question of the original poster, very few on-topic comments from the BD faithful...
I don't think I've seen a more useless thread in years.

"It was just a joke...", "I was just messing with <name>...", "Just having fun...", etc. Isn't this the definition of childish? :)

Diogen.

Do you ever say anything without trying to put somebody down? Maybe you should be looking into a mirror when you type -- it seems that the very things that you accuse others of you are most adept at. BTW, why are you trolling in the BluRay Forum? You don't like Sony, you don't like BluRay and you don't particualarly like folks who support BluRay. So answer the question, why are you trolling in the BluRay Forum?

Vurbano,

HA HA HA, no way you actually believe that. You and Don ought to join a club or something, what a pair.
and now we have more stupid sh*t posted by another child with a PS3. I guess thats the future of this forum. Its already the problem at Bluray.com

Do you ever say anything without trying to put somebody down?
Putting down? By calling them/you younger?
I'd like to be younger, very much so... But this is off topic, sorry.

Getting back to topic.
I guess you got pissed to no end that even one of the most gentelmany poster on this forum teachsac
could not stand your supidity diarrhea regarding HD players, HDMI, hires audio, etc. and called you on it, eh...?
And you say I'm spreading FUD? Do you even know what FUD means?

To avoid long posts, I'll just ask you to re-read this one
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1108386-post13.html
To save your time, just skip to the very last sentence...

Diogen.

And their has never been a defective cd, dvd or BD ever?
Your point is?

Exactly! Was there not some early BD discs that had a issue where the material started breaking down prematurely and discs had to be replaced? Not to mention the poor masters, Sony replacing 5th Elemnet BDs becasue the first BD master of it was embarrasing.