HD DVR and Wireless

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dmaffeo

Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Are there any recommendations for connecting my new HD DVR to my Wireless network for on Demand and other features?

Thanks!

You will need a wireless ethernet bridge or wireless gaming adapter (USB wireless adapters will not work). You will need to set it up for your network with a computer before connecting it to the DVR. Other possibilities are an ethernet cable connection or a powerline network adapter (Directv sells these at $50 for a pair; one connects to your router and the other to your DVR).

I don't think I would say powerline is better, but it is cheaper. I have a wireless bridge connected to one of my HD/DVRs and it connects to my wireless router. My other units connect directly thru ethernet cables to the router (best option).

The bridge is better than a gaming adapter (in my opinion) in that it can connect to a switch/router at the remote point and then to the wireless router. This way I can add even more device (such as a laptop, xbox, etc.)

I don't think I would say powerline is better, but it is cheaper. I have a wireless bridge connected to one of my HD/DVRs and it connects to my wireless router. My other units connect directly thru ethernet cables to the router (best option).

The bridge is better than a gaming adapter (in my opinion) in that it can connect to a switch/router at the remote point and then to the wireless router. This way I can add even more device (such as a laptop, xbox, etc.)

Agreed! I actually prefer the extra cost of router/switche and fishing CAT6 to needed walls.

whats up yall im a tech out of pa and i bought the wireless net adapters from dtv and all it does is tweaks ( ?:"><) my internet .. i tried the wireless bridge that the 360 is on and nothing.. when i disconnect the adapter and reset every thing all is fine .. i even updated my wi router to a "N" but still the same

Status
Please reply by conversation.