HD DVR Fast Forward

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GMUHistorian

Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
Alexandria, VA
I'm new here so I hope I'm posting this in the proper forum.

I have the Dish Network 722k HD-DVR. I previously had DirecTV and I'm a little annoyed by one of the differences between DirecTV and Dish's HD DVR.

When I pressed fast forward on my remote when I had DirecTV it would fast forward x2 and I could easily skip commercials and be able to hit play again as soon as they were over without missing more than a few seconds of the show I recorded.

With Dish, it seems to be automatically set to fast forward X4, which is extremely fast and quite annoying. Is there any place in any of the menus I can change to be able to only fast forward x2 when I hit the button on my remote?

Also, has anybody been able to program the Samsung BD-P1500 Blu Ray player to their Dish remote? If it's not possible I'm probably going to get a Harmony or something to control my 360, Blu Ray player, HD TV and Dish box. I'm tired of having three remotes sitting around.

Sorry for the newb questions, but I've gone through the menus and haven't seen any way to fix this fast forward problem and I can't find any codes to be able to program my Blu Ray player to the Dish remote. I just wanted to know if I've missed something.

4x is the slowest ff speed.

Use the 30 second skip button to skip commercials not fast forward.

Also, got a 722 and wish it was like an old Lite-On HD-DVR I have. When you went from fast forward to "play" it automatically backed up a couple of seconds to make up for the human lag.

don't use FF

I'm new here so I hope I'm posting this in the proper forum.

I have the Dish Network 722k HD-DVR. I previously had DirecTV and I'm a little annoyed by one of the differences between DirecTV and Dish's HD DVR.

When I pressed fast forward on my remote when I had DirecTV it would fast forward x2 and I could easily skip commercials and be able to hit play again as soon as they were over without missing more than a few seconds of the show I recorded.

With Dish, it seems to be automatically set to fast forward X4, which is extremely fast and quite annoying. Is there any place in any of the menus I can change to be able to only fast forward x2 when I hit the button on my remote?

Also, has anybody been able to program the Samsung BD-P1500 Blu Ray player to their Dish remote? If it's not possible I'm probably going to get a Harmony or something to control my 360, Blu Ray player, HD TV and Dish box. I'm tired of having three remotes sitting around.

Sorry for the newb questions, but I've gone through the menus and haven't seen any way to fix this fast forward problem and I can't find any codes to be able to program my Blu Ray player to the Dish remote. I just wanted to know if I've missed something.

As they said use the skip forward 30 secs. FF is for scanning thru stuff. D* doesn't have it together on this yet. :welcome

When fast forwarding, pressing the skip back button instead of play will back it up 10 seconds before resuming play. The reverse works as well.

The skip forward button sure beats FF. FAR quicker. It's that button at the one o'clock position from the yellow pause button. You should see "skip fwd" printed by it. And at the 11 o'clock position, "skip back."

Coming from Tivo many years ago to Dish I too tried to use FF as that is wht I was used to. Someone here suggested I try the skip forward 30 seconds and back 10 seconds. It took a couple days to get used to, but I can't believe I would never go back to the FF method of old now. Give it a try!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts