HD-DVR from Costco

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RAL686

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
Central Oregon
I am currently a subscriber with D100 receivers. There’s one in the living room and one in the master bedroom. I would like to upgrade to a DVR receiver in the living room. I found that I can get a New HD-DVR from Costco Warehouse at a good price. They don’t have any DVR only units, just HD or HD-DVR’s. If I purchase the unit at Costco, am I the owner of the unit or is it leased?

But my main question is; is there a way that I can only activate the DVR part of the receiver and not the HD part at this time? I may upgrade to HD at some point.

There is only one coax line running into the living room, and I believe that I would need to run a second coax there to allow for DVR. I have a 3 LNB on an oval dish. I’m I correct in assuming that I wouldn’t have to change that dish unless I want to upgrade to HD?

On the coax runs, there are mini-diplexer between the dish to the living room and one for the bedroom. I have a 3x4 multi-switch that I would have to replace the 2 diplexer with to allow for a second coax connection into the living room. I am also using an OTA Antenna on the coax runs to the rooms, that’s the reason for the diplexers.

Assuming, that all my modifications for the coax runs are correct, I can do that myself. I’m just hoping that I can run the HD-DVR with out paying for HD and just have the DVR.

Also, has anyone heard if the local stations for the Bend, Oregon area (Central Oregon) are going to be added anytime soon? I have heard a rumor that they are being added this year... I am not holding my breath to it...

How many outputs are you using on the multiswitch? You shouldn't need to trade it out or modify your diplexers. If you have an unused output on the switch, just run a coax from the switch directly to the DVR's tuner 2 input. Use your existing diplexed coax run for Tuner 1.

In terms of the HD DVR, I *think* you have to activate the HD service, but someone will probably correct me on that. You do not have to upgrade the dish to use that receiver but of course will not get any HD-only channels (which you could still watch in SD with your HD DVR)

Oh, and you will be LEASING the box even if you "buy" it at Costco, and it will extend your contract.

I am currently a subscriber with D100 receivers. There’s one in the living room and one in the master bedroom. I would like to upgrade to a DVR receiver in the living room. I found that I can get a New HD-DVR from Costco Warehouse at a good price. They don’t have any DVR only units, just HD or HD-DVR’s. If I purchase the unit at Costco, am I the owner of the unit or is it leased?

But my main question is; is there a way that I can only activate the DVR part of the receiver and not the HD part at this time? I may upgrade to HD at some point.

There is only one coax line running into the living room, and I believe that I would need to run a second coax there to allow for DVR. I have a 3 LNB on an oval dish. I’m I correct in assuming that I wouldn’t have to change that dish unless I want to upgrade to HD?

On the coax runs, there are mini-diplexer between the dish to the living room and one for the bedroom. I have a 3x4 multi-switch that I would have to replace the 2 diplexer with to allow for a second coax connection into the living room. I am also using an OTA Antenna on the coax runs to the rooms, that’s the reason for the diplexers.

Assuming, that all my modifications for the coax runs are correct, I can do that myself. I’m just hoping that I can run the HD-DVR with out paying for HD and just have the DVR.

Also, has anyone heard if the local stations for the Bend, Oregon area (Central Oregon) are going to be added anytime soon? I have heard a rumor that they are being added this year... I am not holding my breath to it...
How much are HD tuners running at COSTCO?

Locally HR22's sell for $169 and change plus tax at CostCo. I haven't seen plain HD receivers in our CostCo for several months but when they had them they were in the $60-$70 range as I recall.

Costco here has the HD unit for $79.95 and the HD-DVR For $179.95, not much savings, but every penny helps.

I currently have diplexer right after the Dish, I will be installing the mutli-switch there so I can run 2 coax to the living room, and one to the master bedroom, and have a spare if i want to run to a second bedroom.

I am hoping that I can buy a HD-DVR and just subscribe for DVR Service and not HD (at this time)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)