HD DVR Price Drop? (Newbie about to make the Jump)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

daisbrown

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 9, 2008
Hi,

Long time reader first time poster. I have been with out cable or Satellite TV for 2 months now. I signed up with Dish 5 months ago and after countless mistakes on there part, I left after only 3 months of service. Watching recorded movies got old after awhile so.... I called Direct yesterday and they gave me the HD DVR for $199 plus a $100 credit on my account next month and the regular HD box for $100. Also the $20 off for 12 months.
Free install, shipping etc. Before I pull the trigger, I have a few question.

1) My Mom has Direct also, can I use the referral program to save $50 for her and me? Does the referral go on next month bill or at the time of activation?

2) Should I wait on the HD DVR I heard there will be a price drop instead of the credit coming soon, and if so when?

3) Can I get things in writing from the sales person? I went through alot of "Crap" with Dish over things they said I can get and never did.

4) I hear there are a few "problems" with the current HD DVR box and HDMI connections, should I be worried or are they fixed now?

5) Is the $20 off a rebate or done instantly?

6) Not trying to be greedy, but is there anything else I should ask for?

Thanks for all of your help. This is a great site to get information.

the refereal program has to be intiated by a certain phone numeber but yes you can use it.

$199 is the discounted price for the dvr plus i dont think there are any hdmi issues those were with dish dvr.

The $20 is a rebate not instantly once redeemed should be on the 2nd or 3rd billing cycle.

Ok, so I have to mail something off for the rebate? Thanks for the Quick Answer.

the price drop did go into effect today as i saw something on the website. the price dropped one hundred dollars.

Any way of getting $100 off each HD DVR?

We're looking to switch to Directv due to more channels we watch for the cheaper price.

I would need 2 HD-DVRs and one standard DVR.

You should be able to get 100$ on each receiver since you are paying for 2..
I would call them to make sure.

Well, Just Called them. Here is what i got

$20 off for 12 months
$10 off for 10 months (refer)
HD DVR $99
Hd Unit $99
No Shipping
No Install Fees

Not bad I think...

Not bad at all Brown i think because you are new customer the HdDvr price is $99 and i think if existing cust it will be $199.

Well, Just Called them. Here is what i got

$20 off for 12 months
$10 off for 10 months (refer)
HD DVR $99
Hd Unit $99
No Shipping
No Install Fees

Not bad I think...

Bud, thats a great deal, glad things worked out for you.
So when did they schedule the install for?
BTW make sure they install your stuff good, and make sure you tell them to make sure the cables they are putting are RG6 cables, after they do the install have them stay there, and make sure both of your tuners work, if one of them is not working go ahead and reboot the HR20-700/HR21-700, usually that fixes the issue.

199$ for existing subs and 99$ for new subs.
When I signed up for DTV (3 months ago now) I got it for 220$ including S&H.

Does Directv require the cost for the HD-DVR up front?

I'm still trying to decide if I want to go the new customer route with my wife's name, or previous customer using my name.

The best Directv could do when I called was $99 for the first HD-DVR and $199 for the second.

Any way of getting the second for $99 as well? Trying to keep my up front costs down.

I'll need 2 HD-DVRs and 1 standard DVR. I currently have 2 DISH 622s right now, with the second tuner feeding the 3rd TV.

I called in as a new customer. We did have Directv before, but we cut that in good standing in June 2006.

Neutron, try to check with a local retailer, they may be able to help you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)